Cv joint. Well got new joint put on today and drove 30 k and now hell of a scraping noise like a grinding noise and boot had pop

scoobeey, Nov 22, 1:10pm
well got new joint put on today and drove 30 k and now hell of a scraping noise like a grinding noise and boot had popt off , wont name the firm lol . and i live 30k out of town . bloody lovely what to do

bill-robinson, Nov 22, 5:37pm
phone the garage and tell them to come and fix it. Bring a courtesy car for you to use.

unbeatabull, Nov 22, 9:04pm
I'm not making excuses for them, but CV's can be cunty things at best of times especially if you were waiting for the car or they were rushed for time. Still, I'd expect them to repair for free and either come get your car/pay for towie or come fix it for you.

scoobeey, Nov 22, 10:52pm
yeah im 30k away nice .

intrade, Nov 22, 11:02pm
and what car is that onyour 2c . or your hiace or on your new golf 7!

scoobeey, Nov 22, 11:17pm
golf haha funny yeah 2c

unbeatabull, Nov 23, 12:45am
I don't get this post!

We have travelled over 400km away to recover a customer's car before due to a mistake on our part.

lugee, Nov 23, 1:48am
Nice adjective

scoobeey, Nov 23, 2:46am
yes they didnt want to know so just lost my business .sorted myself doesnt help that main nut was loose . what is the correct torque setting cheers

scoobeey, Nov 23, 2:50am
took cv right out had to put new clip on as had popped off . all good now .

scoobeey, Nov 23, 9:06am
still makin a noise like a brake scrapping noise . seems to get less when turnin wheel hard right .any ideas:)

a.woodrow, Nov 23, 9:10am
Check and make sure the backing plate isnt bent and rubbing on the rotor

scoobeey, Nov 23, 9:25am
ok cheers will do what would cause this

a.woodrow, Nov 23, 9:34am
just bent when the cv was pulled out or fitted to the hub. The backing plate is thin and it bends easily, something that should be checked when reassembled

scoobeey, Nov 23, 9:56am
ok ta will chek tom