Vx. commodore key

inkapuka, Nov 24, 11:30pm
My buttons dont work i pressume the battery has died can you replace the batteryy or do i have to get a whole new unit

daryl14, Nov 25, 12:29am

johnf_456, Nov 25, 7:06am
Just get a new battery

treachug, Nov 25, 8:21am
you cannot replace the battery in those remotes.well you can if you break it open & are handy with the soldering iron etc

treachug, Nov 25, 8:22am
sounds like you need a new remote key head. Mr Minit apparently can supply them nowadays. Or your local holden dealer may have them cheaper than they have been over the last few years - try them

johnf_456, Nov 25, 8:27am
Yeah its not easy but I have done it myself once.

ksam, Nov 26, 1:50am
Just done it, Holden Dealer was around $300.00, but could be a fraction more, couldn't quote a labour cost, Mr Minute $159.00, but you need to program it, they give you the instructions, or if you can't they will come and do it for you. By the way, the Holden dealer needed the car for the day.

doug207, Nov 26, 1:54am
The Holden dealer in Palmy used to do them for a shade under $100. The keys have to be programmed to the car (a bit like EWS on the BMWs)

There's a guy in Auckland who does them for a reasonable price but his name escapes me.

inkapuka, Nov 26, 3:53am
That website above was only 75$

inkapuka, Nov 26, 4:02am
Around 500 for a tech 2. anywhere in nz i could get one of theese http://www.obd2tool.fr/car-diagnostic-tool/518-gm-tech2-gm-diagnostic-scanner.html

daryl14, Nov 26, 4:17am
I've priced up getting Nissan ones done through a mobile lock smith for a spare key which was cheapest option. Didn't go through with it.

I got replacement remote rubber buttons from Autokey for a fistfull of dollars.

OBD2 scan tool should be at any auto electrician. Good luck.