Fuel pump

shello5, Nov 25, 10:15am
I have a Mazda Atenza 2003, I was driving it fine up until 7pm when it wouldn't start :(, called AA who said its fuel pump problem. How much generally is one!
Thanks

scoobeey, Nov 25, 12:21pm
123,67cents:)

scoobeey, Nov 25, 12:22pm
sorry had a few tonight lol good luk boys will be here in da mornin:)

mugenb20b, Nov 25, 6:37pm
Not sure about the Atenza, but pumps are around $300. Some cost a lot more. Also, allow $$$ for labour and hopefully the fuel filter gets changed at the same time.

In the future, don't run your fuel tank low to the point where the warning light comes on.

shello5, Nov 25, 6:42pm
Thank you I thought it would be around the $300 mark, my car is always full and is full at the moment.

modit, Nov 25, 11:09pm
go to mazda , i purchased one not long ago and repco where twice the price as genuine .

mugenb20b, Nov 25, 11:31pm
Oh, fair enough, sorry for being blunt, wasn't trying to have a dig at you. Some people run their cars empty, and sometimes dry, which is the biggest killer of fuel pumps.

shello5, Nov 26, 12:01am
I didn't think you were, as little as i no about cars I know it's not good to drive on empty all the time :).

intrade, Nov 26, 12:29am
i found lowest price for fuelpumps was supersheep auto followed by partsmaster.

justcruisin, Nov 26, 8:25am
did the AA guy test the pump to confirm!

shello5, Nov 26, 10:08pm
Car has made it to the mechanic, between two pumps one from Japan that will take 3 weeks or the one here that's costing $513. Not sure of the differences but diffiantly can't wait 3 weeks for the other one.