Purchased car which has major fault

Page 1 / 4
carubagirl, Nov 26, 5:57am
Through car dealer. Spoke to him re this on Friday & he has not got back to me! What options do I have!

trdbzr, Nov 26, 5:59am
What car is it! What faults does it have! Did you get a pre purchase inspection! How long has it been since the car was purchased! What did the car dealer tell you on friday about how they planned on dealing with the issues!

apollo11, Nov 26, 6:00am
Orange.

harry353, Nov 26, 6:00am
Pursue the dealer with dogged determination. Grrrrrrr. He is at fault so don't give up.

rovercitroen, Nov 26, 6:01am
Did you buy from a dealer at an auction sale or at an agreed price!

rovercitroen, Nov 26, 6:02am
That's a big statement considering so far we know nothing about the details of this case

kazbanz, Nov 26, 6:06am
And it turns out it was a 1989 ford lazer done 400000km she bought 12 months ago at auction!

therafter1, Nov 26, 6:08am
I love this place . lol lol lol

therafter1, Nov 26, 6:09am
Most of the time . lol

carubagirl, Nov 26, 6:10am
2005 Toyota Blade. 2 days after purchasing got Toyota to do a full service, 3 mths later oil light came on when cornering & or braking (intermittently), back to Toyota, low on oil. Put on hoist no leaks, no smoke out exhaust, has used 2.2litres of oil since service. Toyota said had major fault could be 1 of 3 things, ranging up to a new engine. Yes got pre purchase inspection, spark plugs & oil was low. (Part of the deal was that they replace spark plugs & oil, they said they did, when I asked him about this after Toyota saying that the spark plugs, oil hadn't been done he went went ballistic).
When I spoke to dealer he said he'd never heard of anything like that & rang his "garage" who said they'd never heard of anything like that either. I asked him to ring Toyota to discuss what they said was the 3 senarios where. He hasn't.

therafter1, Nov 26, 6:11am
Don't forget to stay on topic and not offend anyone by pointing out that they are posting horse manure . lol some more

therafter1, Nov 26, 6:12am
Keep at them.

kazbanz, Nov 26, 6:18am
OP not for ONE second am i9 saying don't go back to the dealer But there are two parties involved in this senario.
The first being the dealer
The second being the toyota garage who "fully serviced " the car.
Both will be covering their butts.
Given it had a "full service " at Toyotadid that service in fact include an oil/filter change! Wouldn't they have noticed the plugs were old and offered to replace them two days after you bough the car!
I'm thinking of another senario entirely --ie the mechanic diddn't put enough oil into the car thinking it was a corolla

again Not saying you shouldn't be chasing the dealer but there have been other people involved

carubagirl, Nov 26, 6:27am
The invoice states oil/filter changed (4 litres oil), spark plugs yes they did say the spark plugs hadn't been replaced that's why I went back to the dealer the day Toyota did the service as they said they hadn't been replaced & the dealer said he had. The spark plugs are the minor problem the car using 2.2litres of oil in 3mths is the major.

carubagirl, Nov 26, 6:27am
The invoice states oil/filter changed (4 litres oil), spark plugs yes they did say the spark plugs hadn't been replaced that's why I went back to the dealer the day Toyota did the service as they said they hadn't been replaced & the dealer said he had. The spark plugs are the minor problem the car using 2.2litres of oil in 3mths is.

ralphdog1, Nov 26, 6:41am
Maybe a side issue but how many times in the three months since the service did you check the oil level!

carubagirl, Nov 26, 6:44am
Why would I, a car should not need oil checking after having a full service within 3 mths.

skiff1, Nov 26, 6:45am
Car purchased three months ago, inspected and no "major " fault found. Serviced and no major fault found. Even if the adult was there at purchase, your details make it almost impossible to prove it was. Frankly, I think your mechanic has not put enough oil in it and is duck shoving at warp nine to cover his bum.

trdbzr, Nov 26, 6:45am
How many kms have you done in the 3 months!

skiff1, Nov 26, 6:46am
oil should be checked every time you fill up with gas, minimum. Most professional drivers check their oil every day.

ralphdog1, Nov 26, 6:54am
Because it was a new to you car and you needed to understand it's oil consumption habits.And if you had bothered you would not be in the situation you are now.

carubagirl, Nov 26, 7:00am
Pffftttt stupid comment, ditto skiff1

hyphen, Nov 26, 7:10am
yip, we know where the dipstick is on this car

andrea_w, Nov 26, 7:14am
^^
this is the stupid comment. what they've said is quite smart.

curlcrown, Nov 26, 7:19am
All car hand books state that you should check the oil level regularly.