Hiace air cond cabin filter

stevo2, Dec 1, 3:44am
The 05 Hiace was in at my mechanics the other day for its 130,000km service. I asked if they could change the cabin air filter because the air cond smells bad for a few minutes after its turned on.
On picking it up, they said they couldnt find it so they rang toyota who said it doesnt have one. They air hosed out the condenser etc but that made no difference.
In that case how can I get the smell to go away!

stevo2, Dec 1, 3:44am
The 05 Hiace was in at my mechanics the other day for its 130,000km service. I asked if they could change the cabin air filter because the air cond smells bad for a few minutes after its turned on.
When I returned to pick it up, they said they couldnt find it and they had rung toyota who said it doesnt have one. They air hosed out the condensor etc but that made no difference.
In that case how can I get the smell to go away!

theram1, Dec 1, 3:46am
Use the window instead. Like I have to.

daryl14, Dec 1, 4:47am
I would try some baking soda diluted in water sprayed into the intake vents with the fan running for a good soaking.

Hopefully there's nothing in there that won't take a soaking. Usually car electronics are pretty water proof.

thunderbolt, Dec 1, 5:41am
There are some sprays you can add to the ac intake which kills any mould spores etc and eliminates odours.
Repco may still sell it, or super cheap.

zooki007, Dec 1, 7:35am
There is no facility for a cabin air filter on those vans. There are however on the later models.
By the sounds you need an AC deoderise/clean. There could be a build up of bacteria in the condensor and this causes the musty smell. A deoderise/clean is supposed to kill the bacteria and add an nice smell to the AC.
There are aerosol products you can use by spraying into the fan as its operating, or there are fog kits which needs to be done by outfit that has one.