WoF question. My hiace has a rear seat which was in there when i bought it from a dealer with a new wof i removed the seatfor th

stevo2, Jul 2, 5:42am
My Hiace has a rear seat which was in there when I bought it from a dealer with a new wof. I removed the seatfor the last 4 years but put it back in this year (although its always folded up).
It has just got a fresh warrant although it has never had seatbelts fitted. What does the law say on this!
Cheers Stevo

v8_mopar, Jul 2, 5:45am
The law says you now have a wof ;)

yea as you can tell i dont know. Would have thought it had to have a belt

cjohnw, Jul 2, 6:03am
The law is that every seat has to have a working, safe seat belt.

One of the first checks in a WOF.

magoo2, Jul 2, 6:49am
Rubbish I have one car with no seat belts and 2 with no rear belts and they always get WOFs. Folding rear seats in vans always used to be exempt from belts as did those little rear seats in extended cab utes

mugenb20b, Jul 2, 6:53am
I used to have an old C22 Nissan van with a folding rear seat and no rear seat belts. It never failed a wof.

ladatrouble, Jul 2, 7:17am
If the passenger space is more than 50% of cargo area it needs seat belts,if cargo area is more than 50% then no seat belts. The wording has been removed from the VIRM (typical) but I am told it still applies.

johnf_456, Jul 2, 7:42am
Really

ml6989, Jul 2, 10:22am
Many variables that have to be considered before correct answer can be given. GoogleVIRMand read the section on seat belts. Section 7:5 from memory

snoopy221, Jul 2, 2:16pm
x1
Trick here is SIMPLE.
how many blardy seats!
TVNZ flleet ALWAYS passed warrants. LOL
Why! because between (x0) and (x1) seats they are in a .
(xx0) area.LOL
[between 9 and 13 seats from memory]

stevo2, Jul 2, 6:45pm
wtf.
It had 3 in the front, 3 centre and 3 rear when I bought it.
Now it has the 3 rear removed so it can stay as a 6 seater.
The rear has never had seatbelts fitted.
Cheers Stevo

alltorque350, Jul 2, 7:14pm
CORRECT

rod525, Jul 3, 1:04am
Why do you always toast yourself!

bjdw, Jul 3, 9:45am
If you can get a WOF for seats without seatbelts can you get a fine for not wearing a seatbelt belt in a seat in a vehicle that has been given a WOF without having seatbelts for all the seats!

stevo2, Jul 3, 7:59pm
Good point, the seats are normally folded up but occaisionally one of the kids wants to come away to the family bach for the weekend (85km away).
Would we get a ticket!

mrfxit, Jul 3, 8:39pm
I suspect the reality is that any "temp" seats must be included in the design of that vehicle & part of the std VIN cert.
Factory fitted or factory option in other words.

mrfxit, Jul 3, 8:40pm
Normally ANY seats available temp or permanent must have seat belts available

rod525, Jul 3, 11:35pm
Yeah, but not

Cheers Fish

That way it looks like your thanking yourself, or talking to someone else called Fish maybe.

big.b-lil.c, Aug 25, 7:43pm
i would be having belts fitted or taking another vehicle. tickets are annoying but people and in particular kids are irreplaceable. not picking on you jmtcw