Mitsubishi reliability

johnn, Dec 1, 8:04pm

wrong2, Dec 1, 8:06pm
well that makes all the rattly & smokey mitisi's running around better doesnt it

lazzo, Dec 1, 8:18pm
This doesn't surprise me. Mitsubishi Lancer is a great car and has been for many years, unfortunately still cops flack from a few other crap models in their stable. Reliable as ever is how I would describe it, I've always rated Lancer as at least as reliable as that Toyota Corolla thing that many people believe to be the best for reliability.

franc123, Dec 1, 9:00pm
Not surprising at all. Mitsi's small cars have always been as reliable as anything else in the market with the exception of early 90's models that had issues with computers and the early electronic autos. Always been pretty good value for money the Lancer and Mirage. The old 4G13 and 15 engines didn't deliver any more or less problems and durability than the E series Corolla equivalents.

mrfxit, Dec 1, 9:05pm
Around that same time a LOT of other manufactures of all sorts of electronic products had trouble with faulty capacitors being sourced from the same international capacitor factory.

vtecintegra, Dec 1, 11:37pm
It should be noted that a British Spec Lancer isn't necessarily going to be the same thing as a Japanese import (which may well be a turbocharged, direct injected CVT)

40wav, Dec 2, 12:35am
Intrade shall be along in a minute.