After a vehicle that is high seated other than SUV

jojo76, Dec 1, 11:42pm
So i currently have a 1994 rav4 that im looking to upgrade to a 5 door.I like it cause of it's height, great for seeing at intersections, and are'nt huge vehicles.Our main vehicle is an xr6 and menouvering(!) it can be a bit of a mission! So i have been looking at another SUV either a 2000+ rav4 or a suzuki vitara.But as i like it around town, me think the fuel economy won't be that great.But would you recommend out of those 2 or can you recommend some thing else, that is 'high seated'! Cheers

jojo76, Dec 1, 11:42pm
So i currently have a 1994 rav4 that im looking to upgrade to a 5 door.I like it cause of it's height, great for seeing at intersections, and are'nt huge vehicles even the 5 door version.Our main vehicle is an xr6 and menouvering(!) it can be a bit of a mission! So i have been looking at another SUV either a 2000+ rav4 or a suzuki vitara.But as i like it around town, me think the fuel economy won't be that great.But would you recommend out of those 2 or can you recommend some thing else, that is 'high seated'! Cheers

amie10, Dec 2, 12:04am
This rides nice and high. Economical as well and perfect for around town.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penny-farthing

jojo76, Dec 2, 12:08am
Fantastic! not sure where i'll put the kiddies though

berg, Dec 2, 12:09am
Suzuki SX4. Not the same height as your Rav but still a good alternative

cuda.340, Dec 2, 12:24am
mazda CX7

kazbanz, Dec 2, 1:19am
jojo--Have a look at a Toyota sienta. Higher seat height and easy for the kiddies

bmwnz, Dec 2, 6:23am
John Deere sell a nice range of high-seated luxury vehicles.

jojo76, Dec 2, 7:17am
Yes they do, i dont know how well i'd go in supermarket carpart though ;)

petermcg, Dec 2, 8:18am
Marauder is not an SUV so might fit the bill,, as seen on Top Gear, Google it for a look

jojo76, Dec 2, 8:25am
Umm no

jojo76, Dec 2, 8:33am
Has to be practical people.not a tractor or an army looking truck or pennyfarthing.A smallish type suv or suv with 5 door

morrisman1, Dec 2, 9:39am

un_known, Dec 2, 10:44am
whos he think he is!

spongefrisk, Dec 2, 9:39pm
All the major brands have something along those lines. Mazda CX7, Nissan Qashqai.Mitsi have something as well. My parents have a Qashqai and like it.to me it feels like a hatchback but higher. Think it is a Dualis as an import

kazbanz, Dec 2, 10:00pm
If its SUV style you want then I can't help
If its just higher seat and economical theres a few options out there

gilco2, Dec 2, 10:16pm
I needed a higher seating and bought a Toyota Ractis.Not the prettiest car but practical and the mobility walker fits in the back (just)

ratherbefishin, Dec 3, 2:28am
The Nissan Cube is quite easy to get in and out of, strange looking but go well.

kellrae, Dec 3, 9:56pm
What about a Suzuki SX4 - brilliant for the extra height, seats 4 adults without a problem, and can even get my collaspible power chair in the boot at the same time!

We put a tow bar on to do lighter trailer loads (garden rubbish etc).

W even got one with leather seats!Have been very happy with it over the past 4 years.

gman35, Dec 3, 10:38pm
Don't think the size or fuel economy will fit the bill ! (at least these had the 2.3 turbo rather than the current yaaawwwn cx5 replacement though.)

dbolton, Dec 4, 5:55am
Have a look at the corolla spacio. Excellent access especially for people with mobility problems