Cornering tips to preserve tyre life

Page 2 / 2
johnf_456, Dec 3, 2:34am
Really!

bellky, Dec 3, 2:36am
My take on 'Cornering tips to preserve tyre life' is. Who the hell cares!!

:)

ratherbefishin, Dec 3, 2:47am
Just drive smooth. Also if you are interested, don't buy new tyres off the rack, if you can let them harden up over say a year then put them on.

elect70, Dec 3, 2:58am
I was taught to brake prior to the corner , changegear&accelerate gentlyaround the corner & take thestraightest line trough itwithout crossing centre line . Dont know if it extends life of tyresthough .

pico42, Dec 3, 4:24am
In theory, a well designed and constructed road corner traveled at the design speed should balance the effects of gravity and centrifugal force force so that the down-force on the vehicle is perpendicular to the surface of the road. meaning there is no additional sideways friction compared to driving a straight section of road.

nzdoug, Dec 3, 7:43am
Run a consistant pressure and use a tire tread gauge to measure tread depth over time.
If your centre tread goes shorter thsn the outer tread, your over inflated.
If it wears even across the tread, your pressue is good.

skin1235, Dec 3, 8:39am
drive the corners like you have a cup full of scalding coffee gripped between your thighs

outbidyou2, Dec 3, 9:17am
that is indeed slowly, I have been there, done that

sr2, Dec 3, 9:32am
Eeeerrr. yes.try explaining that little pearl of automotive wisdom to a NASCAR driver!

scuba, Dec 3, 9:58am
may have been the case 20 or 30 years ago when you put them in storage to continue curing- todays tyres are made to be used straight away - different compounds

zak410, Dec 3, 10:20am
cornering or not, think ahead, don??

stevel_knievel, Dec 3, 11:32am
Take the bus.

les6, Dec 3, 4:51pm
my take on this post,who the hell cares!

mrfxit, Dec 3, 6:07pm
The person that HAS to PAY for the next set of tyres.

kokako14, Dec 4, 1:42am
A set up like this will save tyre wear for sure
http://www.youtube.com/watch!feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=GRQ567yQ7UA

johnf_456, Dec 4, 5:47am
to save money

phalanax, Dec 4, 5:57am
The best tyre saver ever .proper alignment and good balance

mrfxit, Dec 4, 8:06am
NOT that simple

ema1, Dec 4, 10:14am
Probably some poor sod that is unlucky enough to get in the way, especially in wet greasy conditions etc.

ema1, Dec 4, 10:14am
Probably some poor sod might that is unlucky enough to possibly get in the way, especially in wet greasy conditions etc.

esprit, Dec 4, 10:40am
Tip. don't corner like me:

http://tinyurl.com/bpvwf92

itsbutters, Dec 4, 10:56am
Dat Rover power.