New Ford Ranger battery problems

Page 2 / 2
meathead_timaru, Dec 5, 6:43am
You did. "Not fit for purpose" is a term found in the CGA.

supernova2, Dec 5, 6:59am
That exact term might be in the CGA but I didnt specifically refer to the CGA.IMHO the dealer has failed the purchaser by selling something with a known "fault" or if you prefer "problem".From reading above points it would seem to be a worldwide problem.

Who would buy a vehicle if they knew that if they leave it alone for three days the battery will go flat!By Ford saying that IMHO they have admited that their vehicle is not in any way suitable (since you don't like fit) fortheir customers needs (purpose).I could probably mount a sucessful fraud case against the dealer if I was asked.

Obvioucly Ford NZ need to be brought into this problem buy the OP and given the message loud and clear that OP is not a happy camper and that the problem is not going to just go away.

bobwyn, Dec 5, 7:37am
our work ranger was doing this too.they change all the battery and starter leads they said the were not crimp properly it hasnt had a problem since its an 09 model.

romic, Dec 23, 4:57am
Glad to find this forum. Just came back from 2 weeks away to find my 2014 Ranger completely dead (locked in the garage) with a flat battery.
My Wollongong dealer tried to infer it was my fault. You,re supposed to disconnect the battery if you're leaving it for more than a few days.
What a dud!

josephjoe, Jun 3, 12:41am
2015 ranger (4 months old) and yes mine also had flat battery, ford dealer disconnected smart charge and tried to invoice me $55 for the job, they told me it was my fault for not driving every day, I told them were to go, next day flat batt again, back to ford, this time they replace the batt. due to dead cells, 3 days later flat batt. again, I make sure that all is off and car is locked, from all the forums this is a long outstanding problem and by now ford should get off their ass and fix it, stop blaming the customer.