Looking For Mechanic in Hastings

Page 1 / 2
turlich, Dec 4, 2:25am
Can anyone recommend a mechanic in the Hastings area. One that doesn't charge a call out fee to look at the vehicle and who is cheap and reliable

jmma, Dec 4, 2:28am
Plenty will come and do it for nothing (o:
What do you do!

turlich, Dec 4, 2:33am
I'm Not too sure what the problem is been told many things by mechanical wanna bees so I thought best to get someone who knows what they are talking about. It was working on Sunday then it died

smac, Dec 4, 2:36am
If you've been led astray by wannabe's then it's time to recognise you have to open your wallet.

llortmt, Dec 4, 2:38am
LOL
So you want a skilled, qualified and reliable person to come round to your house in their own time to give you advise for nothing, on the pretense that you might give them some work IF they're cheap enough!

turlich, Dec 4, 2:42am
Pretty much, I think i've spent enough on mechanic call out fees and still have problems with car does that explain why

turlich, Dec 4, 2:44am
I don't mind spending money as long as I get value for my money and the job done correctly

llortmt, Dec 4, 2:49am
OK prove it.
What have you spent, with whom and what did you receive!
If you're not prepared to answer the above, why do you think any real mechanic would want to take on this charity case!

theram1, Dec 4, 2:49am
Lot of dumb answers here, try a mobile mechanic, you will have to pay, but at least you know what is wrong. Can you get a friendtow it to a garage for you, they may charge you for there time to diagnose it, then tell you the cost to fix it.
Does it turn over.
Post as good a description as you can, someone with HELPFUL advice may be along soon.

Don't try to prove anything with 'Know it all's' they are quick to pick holes.

llortmt, Dec 4, 2:50am
Time is money, but ultimately its the only thing money can't buy. Why should people give it away!

theram1, Dec 4, 2:53am
bla bla bla bla bla bla

bellky, Dec 4, 2:53am
Please forgive me for being personal but you are giving your time away right now ;)

turlich, Dec 4, 3:04am
You sound like one of those call out wanna bees, and your materialistic ways of thinking (onis valiadictums) are non productive

llortmt, Dec 4, 3:09am
Well I was thinking that if you had some kind of extenuating circumstances I might help you.
I think not.

jmma, Dec 4, 3:10am
Tell us the problem, then tell us the make, model, engine and milage of your vehicle. We then maybe able to offer some advice.

turlich, Dec 4, 3:12am
You should have stated your intentions from the beginning without all the negative assumptions

llortmt, Dec 4, 3:16am
Not really you wanted MY charity not vice-verse.
Like I said best of luck on your quest, I won't be helping you.

turlich, Dec 4, 3:20am
Motor turns just won't start. The vehicle is a 1993 Subaru Legacy has 192002 k's on the clock

jmma, Dec 4, 3:27am
OK, was there any sign of problems when you parked it up or did it stop when you were driving.

splinter67, Dec 4, 3:34am
Has it been tampered with eg pod filter big bore exhaust

turlich, Dec 4, 3:45am
It was parked, but would not start after attempting to kick over again

turlich, Dec 4, 3:47am
Do you have a solution, was told it was alternator, then battery etc.

splinter67, Dec 4, 3:55am
Not yet but Im in napier and wont go near it if its been boy racered because most who play with subs that way dont know what they are doing and usually muck (damn m instead of f) it up so has it been molested and it could be anything

turlich, Dec 4, 3:57am
It hasn't been used for anything like that other than a work vehicle

thunderbolt, Dec 4, 4:29am
Good luck to anyone who wastes their time here, feedback alone tells you OP is a time waster.
If you want to rent the expertise of a trained professional, then you pay.
Thats how mechanic's feed their families and pay their bills.