Time to sell your V8's

Page 1 / 4
doomy999, Dec 5, 12:57am

bellky, Dec 5, 12:58am
No way.

tgray, Dec 5, 1:18am
My 6200cc V8 gets up to 25 MPG with cylinder deactivation technology.
(runs on 4 cylinders until you put your foot down).
I have nothing but contempt and distain for Hybrid cars.

thunderbolt, Dec 5, 1:33am
Nah, I am looking at ways to make it use more!

drog, Dec 5, 1:39am
None other than Henry Ford warned us that this was coming.

mopsy3, Dec 5, 1:43am
LOL. I would think you would be pretty happy with 12l/100k in a large SUV around town. $3500/year is hardly going to bankrupt the wealthy.

3tomany, Dec 5, 1:44am
me to at my last tune up it went from 18ltrs per 100ks to 20ltrs per 100ks all good because it got rid of a flat spot it had

trogedon, Dec 5, 1:44am
Great. The sooner we have ALL big cars (not the classics though) off the roads and turned into something useful the better.

bellky, Dec 5, 1:47am
I was expecting a diesel vehicle but a camaro doing 8.6l/100km is pretty good. until you put the foot down of course ;)

gman35, Dec 5, 2:10am
I don't have a v8 , and I despise diesel and all it stands for in killing "enjoyable motoring" , and also don't consider myself that closed-minded , but am with you on anything hybrid or electric , nothing makes me turn the pages quicker in a motoring magazine than an article on one.

pollymay, Dec 5, 2:42am
My big car uses less than the old integra did

tgray, Dec 5, 2:56am
In that case, you must finish the AA magazine in 5 mins flat!
Hybrid technology, green, eco friendly, carbon footprint, alternative fuel, renewable energy, reduced fuel emissions and recyclable materials is all you hear now - It's not car mag for anyone who likes cars anymore.

slarty45, Dec 5, 3:02am
Pfft, just bought one
17 mpg at last fill up
at least it is slowly climbing in value (and has real bumpers)

bellky, Dec 5, 3:02am
The new generation of car lovers will have different ideas.

pollymay, Dec 5, 3:06am
Yeah the new generation of NZers hate V8 commodores, blown monaros and all that jazz. All in the past, everyone only loves direct injection 4cylinder turbos. Science fact for you right there.

bellky, Dec 5, 3:08am
Lol, I'm old school and I hate v8 commos and blown munros.

chebry, Dec 5, 3:15am
You obviously know little of modern diesels or most other things.

chebry, Dec 5, 3:18am
That Camaro is only a Holden in a cartoon suit modern V8s are good on fuel not like the dungers from the 90s even when you boot them

pollymay, Dec 5, 3:19am
My point is many modern mags cater to idiots. The features on many modern cars are a direct result of auto companies catering to the large proportion of blundering morons who think a motion activated glovebox latch is a great selling point for a car.

gman35, Dec 5, 4:11am
I know I would rather wind out and hear a very nice tuned v8 / v6 / 4 cyl twin cam manual than a rattly (they all are to some degree even the new Jag's and Bimmers etc) diesel that is all out of ideas at about 2500rpm. The torque is fantastic I agree but they are totally alien in operation for most "enthusiast drivers". I will gladly pay more per tank for a bit longer , I see a few more petrol turbo's are coming out now in many brands .

jkm, Dec 5, 4:17am
as long as im working I can afford to buy some fuel!

mokaubach, Dec 5, 4:31am
Next TUI ad!, sounds just like the clowns that said Jeans were history 20 years ago!.

petermcg, Dec 5, 4:47am
Im with you bro,, real economy is in the money you spend at the end of the day. Buy a car for $20,000 and sell it for $20,000 10 years later and you got economy,,, not buy one for $80,000 spend $10,000 on batterys and electric bits,, sell it 10 years later,,, for how much!

murray55, Dec 5, 5:08am
Hahah I like that :)

trogedon, Dec 5, 5:10am
Take a photo of it now chaps and then make the last drive the scenic route to the scrappy.