Registering a Off road Bike

timbowe1, Dec 8, 4:01am
Any one have any ideas where I should be looking to find out how to getKX500 registered. Had a good old look through the LTSA site but nothing much that relates to 2 wheels really. Any Thoughts !

Cherz.

a.woodrow, Dec 8, 4:09am
Has that model been offered as a road registered version!

gunhand, Dec 8, 4:16am
It can be done but useually its not worth the hassle or cost. Better off finding the equivilent model that is raod legal. Mate of mine looked into it as well.

brokebloke1, Dec 8, 4:20am
to make it road legal you would need
front/ rear lights, indicators,horn,speedo, mirrors
its not really that hard I did it once to a old Honda XR500

gunhand, Dec 8, 4:22am
Do you not have to have them certified after doing that so you can register them!

desmodave, Dec 8, 4:28am
Wasn'tthere street legal cr500 for sale on here awhile back.

desmodave, Dec 8, 4:31am
XR 500 came out road legal did it not. Wish i had kept mine many moons ago.

timbowe1, Dec 8, 4:55am
XR s were able to be regd no probs. Probly still can easy enough. So what the diff between that and a KX 500 ! All the lighting mag, lights brake lights ect is the easy bit. Just nothing much online to inform me of the requirements. I can get it up to WOF spec no probs. Its just the first up rego bit.

There was a CR500 streeter up here a month or so ago. MaybeI should track him down. Got to be the best fun on the street. 75 hp - 99 kg. YEEEHAAAA.

brokebloke1, Dec 8, 5:19am
At the time the only Hondas that could be road legal were the old XL250-500 the XR,s only had speedo and front/rear lights no indicators or horn.
I think I used XL stuff to make mine legal that was about 20yrs back.

desmodave, Dec 8, 6:55am
My 1st bike a XR200a then later a XR500a never had indicators but had w.o.f and reg.The horn fitted was just the rubber squeeze type.

dylandylandylan, Dec 8, 7:01am
My old man still had his XR500, imported it to new guinea when he worked there, and then brought it to NZ. I wish I could get it off him, but he loves it too much.

timbowe1, Dec 8, 7:33am
I had a minta 500. An 82. Traded my 81 200R in on it. Had it for a couple of years then steped up to the 600. An 88. That was great bike.

xs1100, Dec 9, 8:20am
cant use on most beaches now unless road legal