Kia Mentor, 2000.

reggienz, Dec 11, 7:18pm
Yes I'm looking at a 2000 Kia mentor. Seems a nice enough car , but what I want to know is feed back from some one who has owned one or had something to do with them. It's just going to be a second car so not worried about cosmetics, just reliability etc.What are they like for economy!
TIA.

the-lada-dude, Dec 12, 12:16am
they appear to be prone to misfortune after 100k ,still I guess anything can . they're cheap for a reason

cowlover, Dec 12, 8:18am
Daughter has one - not sure of th year of hand but hers is the 1800 5 speed.Its getting close to 200k now and apart from cam belts and oil changes has had to have both front wheel bearings done.Boh were a pig of a job and on the left side they never managed to pull the driveshft from the hub so had to replace the hub carrier and the cv. joint.Garage said they had struck that problem before with Fords/Mazdas etc.

Upholstery is starting to look a bit scruffy but all in all its been a good car.Economy wise drive it normally and its 6-700 per tank (about55ltr)

Resale wise you can buy them cheap as not a mainstream car (ie havent got that majic Toyota badge).

phillip.weston, Dec 12, 10:51am
It's a Mazda Familia/Ford Laser wearing different clothes. Pretty reliable just perhaps not as well put together. More or less plastic fantastic throw away cars after 10 years.