Other Sachs X-Road 250

dunedin_moto, Dec 12, 7:29pm
Mates got one. After changing fork oil (as it was full of dirt from factory), losing some weight, changing the exhaust, different sprocket and reupholstering the seat. Its not a bad wee commuter.

intrade, Dec 12, 8:56pm
yea only problem is all are made in china now but as long as its not a sachs copie also made in chine but the real sachs made in china it should not be to flawed as per above . I looked at the sachs madass but i am unimpressed by its hight fuelconsumption without mods.

intrade, Dec 12, 8:57pm
another thingriding a bike is rather dangerous in most parts of this country in europe its not so mutch a danger .

dunedin_moto, Dec 13, 1:50am
Mates one is a real Sachs bike. They are built to a budget and serve their purpose. The one above is cheap enough to allow for a bit extra spend on making it a better bike all round. Replacing the fork fluid and spending a few hours cruising around adjusting the suspension as he went made a huge improvement. This was after taking about 10kg of weight off the bike.

brummoi, Dec 13, 4:54am
thanks folks. Looks like he's removed the Buy Now so will have to see how the auction goes. Considering the prices being asked for old GN 250s, this looks promising.

harry353, Dec 13, 5:00am
Be careful out there.

berg, Dec 13, 5:05am
Great idea learning to ride. Mrs Berg only started at age 35 and now regularly ride 600kms a week. She started on the "mighty!" GN250 then stepped up to a nice 650. Now she's stepped up again to a new model Suzuki 750. Go for it, just be careful and keep the shiny side up.

brummoi, Dec 21, 8:08am
Well, I won the auction and it will be delivered tomorrow. Mate says I got a good deal too! Sorry for the noobiness but what's the best way to go about changing ownership and how much does it cost!

intrade, Dec 21, 8:57am
same as car i would say online with driver license and credit card

noswalg, Dec 21, 9:03am
those are cool looking bikes for entry level, looks like a reasonable price too. Summers here, have some fun!

brummoi, Dec 24, 7:11am
got licence today and had first ride on bike! Total noob so just went around next door school to start getting a feel for the bike. Feeling buzzed and can't wait to get used to it and get out on the road. Walk before I run and all that!

jmma, Dec 24, 7:36am
What a great xmas pressie, be safe out there, (o: