Best Ute in New Vehicle Class is what?

Page 1 / 2
romajeto, Dec 14, 8:11am
Isuzu D-Max, Colorado, Ranger,Hilux, Ssanyong Workmate, Great Wall, Navara, Triton!

jason18, Dec 14, 8:11am
Also the VW ute as well

grangies, Dec 14, 8:26am
Is a Colorado really just a D-Max!

flybye_in_a_rx7, Dec 14, 8:43am
lookwise i like the ranger

thejazzpianoma, Dec 14, 8:46am
Especially given that its by far and away the best. (Ford comes in second)

brightfire, Dec 14, 8:59am
Id have to say the Ford Ranger aswell.

cuda.340, Dec 14, 9:02am
you obviously haven't compared one of these POS against the Ranger. Ranger hands down, i've been road testing a few as of late, i'm going Ranger in the new year.

fordcrzy, Dec 14, 9:40am
RANGER.easy.the colorado is cheap plastic junk. the amarock is nice but has that vw unreliability.navara is OOOOOLLLLLLLLD technology.
if you want the ute for private use then maybe even look at the BT50 if you can get past the looks. the mazda has more blingy options such as reverse camera

franc123, Dec 14, 10:57am
Ranger is king, no question about that, with Colorado being a close second if you prefer the other badge. Mazda is good but too much dosh needed to buy.Amarok typically suffers from engines that are too Euro tiny and relatively poor service coverage in NZ, and is still unproven. Navara is too old hat with dubious longevity, ditto thr Triton, you wouldn't bother with any of the funny Koreans or GW if you need something to last, Hilux continually proves to be an overatted ballsup problem child that Toyota refuses to acknowledge. Isuzu is worth a punt but is yesterdays news.

mokaubach, Dec 14, 6:07pm
Ranger 6sp auto

mugenb20b, Dec 14, 6:23pm
Ford Ranger / Mazda BT50 or Isuzu D Max. Best value for money - Triton.

msigg, Dec 14, 9:13pm
Only one,Toyota landcruizer. Easy.

poppajn, Dec 14, 9:32pm
Great Wall.

skiff1, Dec 14, 10:05pm
Ranger, without any question.

lazzo, Dec 15, 12:36am
Value for money there's a clear winner. Mitsubishi Triton.

berg, Dec 15, 1:10am
Got 40,000kms on my work Colorado (Isuzu D Max) and I really like it. Its the 3ltr TD double cab and I find it comfortable (far more than my last Crewman), cheap to run and shockingly reliable. The ride was a bit wallowy but work had an extra leaf put in the rear shocks, better shocks fitted right round and lowered the front all of which made a huge improvement.

amberjandal, Dec 15, 4:16am
Ranger

harry353, Dec 15, 4:34am
I like the Ranger. Pity they dont use that 3.2 in the Territory.

fordcrzy, Dec 15, 8:55am
the colorado has been universally slated for is cheap cheap cheap spec and build and poor ride and handling. i think some people have been listeneing to holden marketing commercials too often.its funny reading even the "neutral" reviews which sidestep around its faults.
the Ranger and BT50 are miles ahead of the competition.

romajeto, Dec 17, 4:26am
D-Max on specs much stronger in the body.Thicker steel and 8 cross members in chassis instead of 6 in all others.advertising more space in cab and more refinements.Ssanyong seems really cheap for Merc technology.

unbeatabull, Dec 17, 4:53am
Keep in mind the Ranger and BT50 ARE the same truck - just different cosmetics.

The VW is a good option too, Get a lot of flak for unreliability but I'd take one over a Mitsi Triton or Toyota Hilux. The Nissan Navara's are a good buy too.

Ranger and BT50 are definitely better then anything else though - there is about a 5 month wait for the Ranger (Stock sold all the way through to March here in CHCH anyway)

bobwyn, Dec 17, 8:21am
I think i read somewhere the motor in the D-Max is different {Better}than the Holden C .

hpaul, Dec 18, 12:07am
I recently tried the lot.

Thought I'd end up in the new Ranger.
But, no.

I bought the VW Amarok and I love it .

bellky, Dec 18, 12:39am

romajeto, Dec 18, 2:55am
Small truck motor in a ute.Isuzu engines best on planet.rate with Perkins and Cat.