Rant. Televised road tests. Bugatti Veyron

Page 2 / 2
esprit, Dec 20, 3:58am
For starters Top Gear (A motoring show) is the biggest budget show the BBC funds. it is by far and away the most profitable too.

Furthermore, motoring shows impartial!!!!! LOL, they're opinion pieces, and quite often little more than infomercials.

whqqsh, Dec 20, 4:01am
'against'

bellky, Dec 20, 4:05am
And Top Gear almost never shows under the bonnet, I know there's probly nothing to see except plastic covers but still.

freedomaira320, Dec 20, 4:09am
I wasn't referring to BBC Top Gear. I meant the Aussie programme OP was talking about, and news items. Top Gear do a lot of post production yes, including engine noises.

And I said SUPPOSED to be impartial - never said they actually are, but going into a studio and re-making the sounds a car makes could be considered overstepping the mark.

hawat, Dec 20, 5:32am
This might apply to some but not all. Take Top Gear (the UK one)as an example. On some of the test track laps you can actually hear the engine sounds in the background. If they shut the f#$k up and can the music we would actually hear the sound of the engine.

elect70, Dec 21, 3:05am
^^theAM in the tunnel, the ascarii on track, Am on the trackall withengine at full niose onTG other night

mazzyz, Dec 21, 3:57am
Loud music's all good at the right time and place, but using it un/intentionally to drown out the sound of a good engine(even a Veyron ;o) is sacrilege of the highest order.

hawat, Dec 21, 5:17am
The Veyron is not the most musical sounding car there is but that deep (and somewhat flat) blast of sound still gives the impression of "might".That is what you miss with the rock music.

socram, Dec 21, 7:16am
.for Hot Rodders.I would suggest that each of us has our own favourites, but that is not for this thread.