Oil Filters. Where is the oil filter you use made does it make a difference look on bottom of box last two well known makes are

Page 1 / 2
coolcort, Dec 22, 9:19am
Where is the oil filter you use made does it make a difference , look on bottom of box last two well known makes are Indonesia and China i have used would be interesting to cut open old ones to see how well they stack up of both makes, your experiences may be interesting to .

00quattro00, Dec 22, 9:25am
I only use geuine filters for my cars (audi and vw) they are only $28

afer_daily, Dec 22, 9:40am
yes but where are they made !

suplyuparts, Dec 22, 9:47am
Just get a factory one.Doesnt matter where they are made.Some are made in Nz,aussie,china.world.

meathead_timaru, Dec 22, 10:14am
Where they're made doesn't matter. The specification they're made to matters.

pollymay, Dec 22, 3:14pm

gammelvind, Dec 22, 6:26pm
Many years ago when replacing oil filters was a messy job, no spin off jobbies available then, the quality of the filter was paramount, as they were replaced every second or third oil change. These days when they give you a filter with the oil, eg current Magnatec deal at Repco,, just put a new one on each time.
Now I may be wrong but my assumption is that no reputable auto supplier would provide oil filters that would fail or damage your engine in less than 15,000 km.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 22, 8:06pm
Me to, sure some others might be just as good but some things are not worth the hassle/research for the minimal payoff.

Besides, it would be hard to get cheaper/easier given I usually have all my other service items coming in a box anyway, so no extra freight.

panicky, Dec 22, 8:06pm
who makes them in NZ!

bellky, Dec 22, 8:12pm
Ryco.

panicky, Dec 22, 8:16pm
Not made here anymore, haven't been for a few years now.

elect70, Dec 22, 8:57pm
Wonder why spin on filters are cheaper thanopenones, perhapscause you cant see whats inside the spin on can !

bellky, Dec 22, 8:58pm
Didn't say they were - was just talking to OP about what filters I use is all.

bill-robinson, Dec 22, 9:03pm
I see message clarity is not high on your list of desires then!

bellky, Dec 22, 9:11pm
^The above message is for the retards amongst us.

trdbzr, Dec 22, 9:16pm
K&N make very good oil filters, their High Performance ones are on par with Mobil 1, Purolator Pure One and Amsoil oil filters.

gammelvind, Dec 22, 9:16pm
Relax Bellky, have a merry christmas and relax.

carclan, Dec 22, 9:26pm
Who cares, so long as they are genuine and come over the dealers counter, they are not going to sell anything with their name on it if it is of a poor standard

the-lada-dude, Dec 22, 9:26pm
best oil filter is one that is getting fairly close to blocked with junk,

ally-oop, Dec 22, 9:37pm
When you buy chinese products you fund communism and likely our eventual demise-not to mention the happy quality.

ally-oop, Dec 22, 9:37pm
When you buy chinese products you fund communism and likely our eventual demise-not to mention the crappy quality.

nukhelenc, Dec 23, 2:40am
I see your out retarding the rest of the message board with ya garbage.
Shame on you

bellky, Dec 23, 2:41am
You're along way from your cooking class helen.

cuda.340, Dec 23, 3:06am
probably because K&N is a Mobil 1, maybe you should have read the link posted earlier.

chris.f, Dec 23, 5:47am
This is the case for air filters but not oil filters. Oil filters are rated on efficiency and capacity. Efficiency is the % of particles of a certain micron size that are trapped in the filter media, and the capacity is the amount (usually in grams) of contaminants the filter can remove and hold before becoming restricted . That's my take on filtration anyway. Running a filter that is reaching capacity has no effect on it's ability to extract contaminants better - unlike air filters, but that's another story.