South Island Road trip

howie69, Dec 22, 10:06am
After watching bike racing at Wanganui off south for a road trip on the wideglide. Collecting it off my brother in Alex then who knows were I will go. Do lower south, then up the coast I think. Any suggestions of what to look at.First long break in awhile for me so it's all good. Don't go home to Aussie until late Jan. Eat yur heart out those of you still working.

morrisman1, Dec 22, 10:57am
if you come as far south as Invercargill do your best to have a look through the bill richardson truck museum, its a stunner. Visits have to be organized so give them a ring. And of course there is the bike collection a E Hayes Hammer Hardware. Burt Munro's indian is on display there.

howie69, Dec 22, 5:37pm
Thanks they are certainly worth a look.

berg, Dec 22, 6:08pm
Just be careful down there as its "road maggot" (camper van) season. A-holes seem to make a sport of trying to take out bikers.

philltauranga, Dec 22, 8:17pm
Milford sound top of the list for sure, Haast pass, Glaciers and West coast, stunning scenery, lakes, rivers, and native bush. Best areas of NZ in my view. Make time to look at all the waterfalls listed on the map, there are hundreds of them just a short walk off the highway. If you go to Invercargill go see Burt Munroes bike ( Worlds Fastest Indian ) on display at the hardware shop, true Kiwi shed built DIY bike still holds the 1000cc record.

ally-oop, Dec 22, 9:48pm
What year is the wide glide!

xpfairmont, Dec 22, 10:12pm
Do the West Coast, don't waste your time on the other side.

howie69, Dec 23, 3:12am

howie69, Dec 23, 3:15am
Yep planning to call on old mates in Greymouth and sink pint or three.

luigi21, Dec 23, 4:11am
Ha Ha Would you beleive it, Thems A/Holes ! you see em on bikes too,where we are down here in the south .Impatience thems are too, soon as they see a maggot seams they are attracted and must pass at all cost.