What do people think of their holden cruze

Page 1 / 2
pwj2, Dec 23, 4:41am
Hi, looking at the cruze wagon, what do people think of their holden cruzes!
Thanks in advance

pico42, Dec 23, 7:13am
We had a work one, an automatic diesel, a few years ago. You could have breakfast in the time between putting your foot down on the accelerator and when it would actually take off. Otherwise it drove nicely. 200km a day commute.

fordcrzy, Dec 23, 7:33am
just dont.-
.dont

carmad50, Dec 23, 7:34am
thyre crap dont buy one a good start

twink19, Dec 23, 8:07am
mrs T has one,a 2009 desiel,bought new,done 55k, never missed a beat great car,the only money spent has been servicing.lots of long trips, the only downside is the rip off rego

m16d, Dec 23, 8:07am
Had one as a rental in Brisbane for 3 days.
Nice looking Holden.but it stops there.
Its a gutless piece of Korean junk.
You'd hafta have rocks in your head to buy one.

fordcrzy, Dec 23, 8:10am
to put it into perspective.works fully loaded deisel Nissan urvan can drag one off.

twink19, Dec 23, 8:13am
the petrol are gutless, drive the turbo desiel, or the new 1.4 turbo petrol then compare

kcc55a, Dec 23, 8:44am
Are you talking the original AWD Cruze!Great around town car. we had one for 120,000 km and apart from a clutch problem was super reliable. Did a few Welly to Ak trips with no drama and managed to get past slower cars no problems.They are quite well finished and nothing falls off them but no luxury big engined SUV either.

franc123, Dec 23, 8:52am
Funny people diss them straight away when they don't even know what the OP is looking at, the Cruze name has been applied to more than one vehicle from different product sources in the same way that Barina has.

ako2, Dec 23, 6:22pm
I currently have a Holden Cruze CDX petrol as my work car and have driven it (almost) daily for the past 2 years. It has just clicked over 70 000 kms and in that time Holden have replaced the transmission valve body, the in-dash info LCD, reflashed the transmission computer 3 times and I have just spent $600 replacing front brake rotors and pads myself (dealer quote was twice that price).
It is economical to drive (but fairly gutless), un-exciting and I'm just waiting for the next fault to appear.

3tomany, Dec 23, 6:56pm
says it all

eagles9999, Dec 23, 8:25pm
The original little Cruze, based on the Suzuki Ignisfilled a great gap in the small SUV market and being Suzy was very reliable desite what Holden did to it. There were some recalls, but mostly they were very good at what they were designed for. One wonders about just how much driving of them the nay sayers have done. Of course the more recent Cruse saloon may well be a different kettle of fish

pwj2, Dec 23, 9:19pm
Thanks everyone for the replies, we are looking at the new petrol cruze wagon. Just not sure about their reputation, versus other manufactures

westwyn, Dec 23, 9:23pm
The new (ish) Cruze is a GM-DAT product (Daewoo), one of the better efforts to come from GM's purchase of Daewoo a few years back. I've road-tested several new examples since then. The wagons are assembled in Australia, and have I think better build quality than the Korean-assembled examples. Production over there only recent, so perhaps not quite fair to compare an early Korean production line version with the GM Australia versions- at least, not yet. Still dubious over the quality of the interior materials- the plastics typical Korean hard and cheap, the leather SORT of feels like leather, but don't go looking for Lexus quality either! The 1.8-litre engine is an absolute dog- DON'T go there. The only one to buy is the 1.4 iTi unit- turbocharged petrol 1.4-litre- and not a bad match with the auto, the 6-speed manual just too busy. Diesel version can keep the snout in the trough. Some reliability and build quality issues surfacing but again, comparisons between variants hard until you know which examples are giving trouble. Unfortunately, this is the "future" of Holden, the Commodore is a dying model and the Aussie market simply too small to justify investment in a market-specific replacement. Korean sourced product, in particular (Captiva, Epica, Barina, Spark, Malibu) will be the way forward. Good luck!

pwj2, Dec 24, 1:31am
Thanks westwyn, we were told by Holden that the wagons are assembled in Korea not Australia and only available in the 1.8lt petrol or 2lt diesel.

pwj2, Dec 24, 9:23pm
anyone else! Merry Christmas to you all

3tomany, Dec 24, 9:39pm
you have looked at the worst mid size car money can buy so why not go and look at the best http://www.ford.co.nz/cars/all-new-2012-focus merry xmas

fordcrzy, Dec 25, 3:08am
+1000. Ford make great cars at the moment.they just SUCK at marketing.holden have great marketing at the moment.they just SUCK at making cars.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 25, 3:41am
I too wonder why you are considering one of the worst in the price range. Go and drive the new VW Golf, its much the same money yet you are buying a class leader instead of bottom of the barrel stuff.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 25, 3:46am
I would have almost agreed with you last year, the Focus had just about caught up to the Golf. But the new Golf is out now and the Focus has fallen behind again. Still a great car though, but not best in class.

The only edge I can really see with the Focus is perhaps if you were looking for a cheap diesel with as much power as possible. Its just a price point thing though, VW offer a super economy cheaper Diesel and a dearer high performance Diesel. I guess you could argue the Ford Diesel is better value, but it is the slightly lesser car.

skyblue17, Dec 25, 4:06am
Actually says you've never driven or owned one and you don't have a clue. You'rea parrot.

jusay, Dec 25, 7:33am
We have a fair few on our rental fleet (1.8 and 1.4 Turbo). Haven't had too many reliability issues, but they are uninspiring to drive. Sort of a modern day Marina if your memory goes back that far :)

3tomany, Dec 25, 7:17pm
it took a while but welcome back jazz and good advise, no reason not to try the best. a test drive cost you nothing and the price when it comes to doing a deal can be surprisingly competitive even on the top end stuff

chebry, Dec 25, 7:25pm
The Focus diesel uses a Peugeot engine which performs well