Cost of cam belt mitsi v3000 ?

arrithedog, Dec 26, 5:56am
Anybody tell me roughly what it will cost to replace cam belt and ALL ancilliary items (don't believe in half a job) on a '95 Mitsi V3000 !
Cheers.

arrithedog, Dec 26, 7:19am
Please! someone must have a rough idea. Are we talking cheap! - couple of hundred bucks, or more like a grand! Cheers.

penelope1980, Dec 26, 7:32am
Ring AA service/repair, they'll be able to give you a rough estimate.When you find out can you let me know here, i'm curious to compare with my model car and cost involved.

supernova2, Dec 26, 7:33am
Bit of a guess but I'd say pretty close to a grand.

arrithedog, Dec 26, 9:09am
So when a seller tells me it can be done at shop for $100, he's dreaming! or maybe telling me an untruth to secure a sale!

arrithedog, Dec 26, 9:10am
Also, how often does it need doing! like, this one was done at 122,000 and now has 202,000 is it time to do it!

phillip.weston, Dec 26, 9:18am
yes it would be about 20,000kms away from being due, however if it was done over 5-7 years ago I would be leaning towards replacing it shortly. The belt itself would be about $100 but other parts such as the water pump, tensioner, idlers etc would be another $200-300ish and labour would be approx $400-600 on top of that.

stevexc, Dec 26, 9:23am
Cost $1100 all up for my Diamante.It's a newer shape but the engines aren't very different.

rlr29, Dec 26, 9:30am
You can't be serious about buying one!You'd have to really really love it.

arrithedog, Dec 26, 9:42am
Had one before a while back. It was a great car. This one will be for my son to use, and for me to drive when I go visiting him down south to avoid hiring each time. Theoretically saving me money. However, I suspect the very reasonable purchase price will be negated by the expense of doing the belt. Thank you.

mrfxit, Dec 26, 9:57am
Stabbing at a guess from doing an 1988 v3000 about 6 years ago.
Yea as above,
$80 /$110 for the belt / $200/ $500 for the rest PLUS labour.

Parts are often 1/3rd of the cost of getting a garage to do the job.
Call Repco or your local Mitsi dealer & quote the cars rego number to get a better idea.

arrithedog, Dec 26, 10:29am
'95 v3000 wagon. So probably same engine - more or less. think I'l leave it and find a Cefiro with a chain.

phillip.weston, Dec 26, 10:50am
For what you are spending on the '95 you could probably find an early 2000's one for not much more.

carmad50, Dec 26, 10:54am
if its a mitsi aviod it like the plague mite be cheap but then they are till they break engines gearboxes just crappy as , better toy motor nissan honda then the rest

mrfxit, Dec 26, 7:14pm
Are you Intrades cloned brother /sister/ lover or WHAT .huh . LOL

mrfxit, Dec 26, 7:17pm
As with ANY brand /model of vehicle, once you get past about the 15 year old mark, getting work done in a garage starts to become very expensive compared to resale/ update purchase prices.
If you can do the work your self, then it's well worth it in most cases.
If not then trade it in.

splinter67, Dec 26, 7:18pm
Nah even intrade gets it right sometimes lol

arrithedog, Dec 27, 2:02am
Well, in the past I've had an '88 Galant 2ltr, a '93 V3000 wagon, and a 2001 Dion. Apart from the fact that NOBODY would take the GDI engined Dion in trade, I've never had a problem with any of them. Guess it's just me being lucky ! or maybe the fact that I have my vehicles serviced properly at the right time is why I've been lucky!

elect70, Dec 27, 2:45am
Dunno I bought my V3000 at150 kbeen an ex reps wagonrecords showed belt & idler replaced at100k. I kept until 350 k & never replaced the belt, itlooked fine to mewhen I took covers off&inspected it,saw the new ownerwhile back & he sayshe hasnt touched it& done another40 k .

arrithedog, Dec 27, 4:55am
Great cars, really enjoyed driving mine. Bit of an old mans car - apparently - but I'm old, so that's ok by me :-)