Kia Cerato

marie29, Jan 20, 3:40am
Am keen on a 2012 model.Anyone got any thoughts and opinions on these cars.They seem reasonably priced;how about demonstrator models with low mileage!
Am a novice with buying a car, and need some helpful advice.Thanks in advance!

msigg, Jan 20, 4:38am
Well it will have a warrant so no problems there. Most late model cars are very good. Take it for a test drive and see if you like it. Good luck.

mcscottwgtn, Jan 20, 5:30am
May as well wait for the new model 2013 to be released.

lazzo, Jan 20, 5:54am
I've driven Kia Cerato a number of times, my thoughts:

The bad:
Lots of cheap nasty plastics on the interior
Interior busy
Poor braking performance
Economy not as good as similar cars with similar specs in the same segment

The good:

Power surprised me
Engine and transmission appear to mate well

I've driven one of these immediately after driving a Hyundai i30, and was surprised to find the Kia out perform the Hyundai especially in the engine and transmission area, it just seems to go better! But the braking on the Kia was disappointing, do not leave your braking to the last minute or you could be in trouble!

It's full of ridiculously cheap looking plastic and whilst it has many features it still looks terribly 'Korean' on the interior.

I think there is better value for money out there, have a better look around.

I wouldn't spend my hard earnt cash on one.

marie29, Jan 20, 6:07am
Thank you for all your replies.Anyone else want to advise me!Thanks lasso for long reply.But surely braking has to reach the highest standard on a motor vehicle, I am puzzled there.Will look at the cheap interior parts tomorrow when we go back.

marie29, Jan 20, 6:11am
Sorry. I meant to sat lazzo.sorry.

rovercitroen, Jan 20, 6:43am
Neighbour bought a new Cerato diesel 3 years ago. Has been a great car. Extremely economical. No problems except for a brake issue fixed under warranty when it was a few months old.

shorebee, Jan 20, 7:00am
its citreon C4 money or ford focus demo and thats the way i would go for resale, reputation. even though kia have a long warranty for peace of mind so do Mitsubishi and perhaps that is to compensate for their reputational reliability. Mazda 3 demos that dome with 3 years servicing also and strong resale. all of those are prob mid,late,high 20s

supernova2, Jan 20, 9:09am
We have a 2006 Cerato at nearly 200,00km.We would be happy to buy another without hesitation.

chebry, Jan 20, 8:00pm
Hyundai introduced long warranties in OZ in the 90s and they damn near gave the cars away$13999 drive away no more to pay or low deposit $50 p.w. those things were the best selling car for years. Now they should be ok lots of them driving around very few on the roadside in a cloud of smoke so if you like the car buy one it will still have a factory warranty so its a safe bet

marie29, Jan 20, 8:18pm
Thank you for the advice! Test driving the car this morning.