2006 Mitsi Galant - issues with stalling

db.price, Jan 20, 1:36am
I have a 2006 Mitsi Galant - standard 2L engine - Manual.Done 105000km.

Have just started having issues with the car stalling when I pull up to a stop and today travelling back from the Waikato if you put in the clutch and held it the revs would drop right off and the engine would stall.

Stopped for about 20 minutes at one stage and when I stared off again it no longer stalled but was idling very low - between 250 and 500revs.

Car has just been fully serviced lat week.

Anyone got any advice as to what could be causing this issue!

jmma, Jan 20, 1:49am
Did you fill up with a different brand of fuel!

db.price, Jan 20, 1:51am
Yes but seeing as most of the fuel in NZ comes from the same place I shouldnt think that would be an issue.

jmma, Jan 20, 1:52am
Fair enough, just humour me and tell me what brand and type you used (o:

db.price, Jan 20, 1:55am
BP- Ultimate

mugenb20b, Jan 20, 1:58am
Most likely a bit of crud build up in the throttle body. I would try cleaning that first and go from there.

jmma, Jan 20, 1:59am
Ok, have a look to see if any vac hose etc have fallen off, if its just been serviced, one may not have been put back on properly. Failing that, I guess take it back where service was done.

db.price, Jan 20, 2:24am
Was starting to do it just a few days before I got it serviced and I did comment on it to them - was hoping that it was just because it needed a tune.

db.price, Jan 20, 2:24am
Thanks will take a look at this

phillip.weston, Jan 20, 11:04pm
yes I would say throttle body is blocked up and the idle stepper motor is at max adjustment. Pull off the air intake hose to the throttle body (held on by a 10mm bolt) and with a petrol soaked rag wipe around the inside of the throttle body especially where the throttle plate rests at closed throttle (use your hand to manually open the throttle wide open).

Once cleaned out and air hose back on restart the engine and check idle speed. If it's now too high, reset the ECU by leaving the battery terminals off overnight. Do not adjust the idle by using the idle adjustment screw until the ECU has been reset and the idle stepper motor is back to its default position. The idle adjustment screw is only for fine tuning - the ECU should be taking care of the rest.