Ford Territory. We are looking at purchasing a second hand ford territory someone has told me that there is particular year mode

fabkids, Jan 21, 2:40am
We are looking at purchasing a second hand Ford Territory. Someone has told me that there is particular year / models to avoid because of issues. Can anyone tell me more! Thanks :)

tazcsv, Jan 21, 2:53am
Brother inlaw had a 2007, not sure on model but it spent more time getting fixed than driving and cost alot to fix.

gypsyguy, Jan 21, 3:12am
Google 'Ford Territory Rust'.

unbeatabull, Jan 21, 5:15am
Get a SY Mk II - Best of the bunch.

monaro17, Jan 21, 5:40am
That is as maybe but google ANY car and you will find problems with all of them.

brokebloke1, Jan 21, 7:48am
any territory built before 2007 be very carefull plenty of info on ozzy forums regarding faults/ problems

unbeatabull, Jan 21, 6:25pm
I'll just say that we work on the majority of Territories on roads in CHCH (Being a Ford Dealer), and we are yet to see one with a Rust Problem.

They all start getting worn suspension bushes and joints once over 100k.

The SY MK II has the nicest interior, with the majority of little gremlins ironed out and is the nicest to drive. It is also the last you can get of the Petrol in AWD (I would strongly advise against a Diesel one, they just don't compare performance wise)

The SY MK II also has the upgraded front balljoint arms - whilst we are still getting a few come through worn out, no where near on the scale of what the SX and SY Mk I Territories had - even after having all replaced under warranty they are still coming back.

unbeatabull, Jan 21, 6:25pm
Oh and SY Mk II is '08 onwards model before the SZ (2011/2012)

rob_man, Jan 21, 6:47pm
The rust issue is the front of the bonnets, there are two skins which are in contact with each other but not watertight while still having the capacity to trap water. They do rust pretty quickly.
That's the earlier model, pre 07.

zak1998, Jan 22, 3:39am
They love fuel big time

unbeatabull, Jan 22, 5:06am
I gotta say, I've never seen it. It's always interesting how a lot of problems like this are always with vehicles that aren't dealer serviced . :P

In saying that, the Territories do have quite few things to look out for. If you want a list, I'm happy to go through it for you :)

fordcrzy, Jan 22, 5:59am
they rust around the rear tailgate rubber too