Door to Door WOF + Car Service Salesman

flick_313, Jan 15, 7:25am
Has anyone on here taken up the offer from one of these door to door salesman who try and sell a $50 voucher that entitles you to something like 2 free WOFs, oil change, 100,000km service, brake pad replacements etc for one year! They only seem to have 4 vouchers left when they knock on your door.

Are these a scam or do they really offer savings! Would be great to hear some feedback from people who have tried these offers.

intrade, Jan 15, 7:27am
i was thinking when i read the title they sell you a wof without checking the car lol

NZTools, Jan 15, 7:33am
They are definately worth buying.
It is usualy win win for everybody.
The garage atractsnew customers and gets their repeat business for 12 months. If they treat you well, you will probably stay with them, and as a customer, you gets some substantial savings on car servicing for 12 months.

bae13, Jan 15, 7:33am
Whats the name of the company! do they have a workshop! these are questions that need answering

flick_313, Jan 15, 7:39am
John's and Gee Automotive in Auckland

yogibearz, Jan 15, 7:40pm
Only ones i have seen are rubbish and often from the likes of Midas and Pitstop etc. Read the fine print first. Sure thay may fit the brake pads free of labour charge but the pads will be expensive and you will pay top dollar for every thing else, ie brake bleeding and fluids, freeing up caliper slides

toyboy3, Jan 15, 8:11pm
If a garage has to offer these coupons to get work what has happen to their repeat customers have they gone elsewhere,prices too high !

charlie4561, Jan 15, 8:33pm
I bought one for Mag N Turbo a while back. I got a bit of a saving and the service was fine.

noswalg, Jan 15, 9:42pm
Due to the nature of my dogs door to door salesmen can't get to my door, Guess I'm missing out.

elect70, Jan 16, 3:00am
I treat all thosecoupon things as scamsgot ripped on theresturant dining out thing years ago ,go to resturant &knew nothing about it .If garage is any good then WOM will get themwork .

zirconium, Jan 16, 4:54am
My MiL got one a few years ago, valid for 12 months, and it included a battery if required! Who ever needs a battery in any given year, right! - Well, she did, so was delighted. :)

franc123, Jan 16, 5:04am
+1, If something seems too good to be true it probably is and theres no such thing as a free lunch, there is ALWAYS a catch.