Husky ride-on drive belt?

biddy6, Jan 23, 8:30am
Hi, Ive looked on the net, and found a parts list for the Husky 820-8 ride-on, but there is no mention of belts, just wondering if anyone knows the size. Its the longer of the 2, drives the 2 blade pullies.Mine has just snapped, and no sign of the size written on the belt, Cheers,

mechnificent, Jan 23, 8:37am
Have a look at the gates site. they have listings for belts.

fryan1962, Jan 23, 10:00am
you can take it in for sample

unideck, Jan 23, 10:16am
Try these guys, generally a third of the price. Got quoted almost $200 for my Stiga ride-on and it cost $68 inc gst from these guys (also inc courier) ;)

http://camaproducts.co.nz/home

sr2, Jan 23, 10:21am
Take the old belt into any of the major bearing distributors (SKF, Saeco, etc.) and they will sell you a replacement at a fraction of the price.

biddy6, Jan 23, 5:34pm
Thanks for the help guys,will get one in town today.

gadgit3, Jan 23, 6:07pm
I get mine from a farm services shop. They are the same type of belt that run a milk pump in a cow shed. Last one I got (last week) was $23

morrisman1, Jan 23, 7:01pm
husky ones are often double sided and you can't just use a normal vee belt. Under the seat there is a plate with things like model, year, serial number etc. write this down and go see a husky dealership

supernova2, Jan 23, 7:42pm
I agree some of those belts are octagonal rather than V belts.The reason they break is because often a cheep V belt has been used rather than the proper thing.Once you find out what the correct type of belt is then you can shop around for a low price.Unless you have had the mower from new and the belt has never been replaced before dont assume that whats on there nowis the correct thing.

desmodave, Jan 23, 8:39pm
An a93 belt fits my Craftsman mower for around $20 but the recommended double sided belt is around $80. The $20 belt may not last as long but i can get 4 of them for $80 so thats what i use.

mechnificent, Jan 23, 10:19pm
Isn't the double sided so that they can drive on both sides. serpentine style around the pulleys!