Lost electrics - Pajero - assistance needed

kwm30, Feb 5, 6:23pm
Mitsubishi Pajero 3.0LGDI Exceed 1997
In the last week or 2 the electrics died when driving down the road. it happened 3 or 4 times since, sometime at startup and sometimes during driving. When this hapens, If i turn the key it just clicks. I've taken to a mechanic, he's checked the battery and states its ok and recommended that i take it toMitsubishi agent as its maybe the ECM module or something.
I brought this suv around 3 years ago and this is the1st issue i've had with it, any suggestions!

mugenb20b, Feb 5, 7:34pm
The battery may be "OK", but I would start off by checking that the battery terminals are clean and tight, followed by checking all the earth connections.

bjmh, Feb 5, 10:14pm
had a Ford Territory doing that,as soon as the electrics stopped the owner found he had to jiggle the ign key and all electrics would work.Turned out to be a common fault ,according to Ford.repair was a new ignition switch.which involved replacing the complete steering column.only way Ford service it !

kwm30, Feb 6, 2:24am
thanks guys.will look into both items.bad earthing looks promising though.

bigfatmat1, Feb 6, 6:26am
common on other fords the part is only available complete column at a couple of g

cowlover, Feb 6, 10:15am
For that sort of money can you not graft something else into the column!Or are the days of that gone with immobilisers etc!

kwm30, Feb 7, 2:43am
UPDATE:--mum is taking the truck to a Mitsubishi service agent, they told her it would cost $40 to hook up to their computer thingie to diagnose the issue.fingers crossed.
Lets hope GDI means "gasoline direct injection" and not to a Mitzy Dealer "guaranteed dealer income"

snoopy221, Feb 7, 3:22am
Lets hope GDI means "gasoline direct injection" and not to a Mitzy Dealer "guaranteed dealer income"

kwm30 (35 )3:43 pm, Thu 7 Feb #7

mmkay us *unwashed* used ta tink it was

Grenade.Destruction.Immine-
nt

goldilocks64, Feb 7, 7:19am
follow the wires under the battery box there is a plug under there ( very hard to see )and it gets corrosion in it

kwm30, Feb 7, 8:04am
thanks goldilocks64, i've asked my cousin to check that out tomorrow, will report back findings.