New VF Commodore Revealed Sun 10th Feb

croco1, Feb 7, 7:46am
The new VF Commodore will be revealed live online via Facebook Sun 10th Feb for those who want to see it.

https://www.facebook.com/events/503229516393596/

mantagsi, Feb 7, 8:08am
I imagine it will be more a visual spruce up a la VN to VP more than a radical new model. I hope they have sorted out the very cheap feeling 'yankee' interior though

croco1, Feb 7, 8:15am
It's being exported to the USA, so it will no doubt keep the cheap looking yankee interior, apparently it will have aluminium panels to keep weight down

gman35, Feb 7, 9:47am
I am usually the last person to support Aussie-built cars , or american-designed ones , due to the usually iffy build quality. But it really doesn't matter what Holden or Ford bring out in even a well-sorted car now. People are just stuck on the (mainly diesel) SUV thing , and just don't care how a vehicle "drives" these days. How people can drive old Toyota Surfs ,or either spend $$$ for a new Captiva escapes me.

franc123, Feb 7, 10:06am
I think the above poster is largely on the money, the market is caring less and less about what aussie ford and holden are doing with large cars these days, they're only interested in these poofy softroaders with pretend 4x4 systems, especially the private buyer trying to look trendy.There is too much r&d money being wasted on sorting chassis dynamics, its not needed when most of these things are used as shopping trolleys and school buses, they are also glossing over the fact that what they save in fuel now, if they are really saving much,will be blown on repairs if they hold on to these modern diesels for too long into the future.

gman35, Feb 7, 10:30am
I am picking it will have a bit of Korean-ish styling somewhere to keep it "similar" to the rest of the Holden range, ie wide swept back fr. lights which will remind us of the Epica (which was not an epic-car) or something like the Colorado's. With a huge gaping black mesh grill , or "chevrolet-style" with a body-coloured band through the middle , and probably with a too big Holden badge. Then HSV , just to go out with a bang on their last big sedan , will release the Clubsenatorgtssvsportnutterpac-
k with a frisby-sized badge and LED's that can be used when the MCG has a lighting failure.
And I have no allegiance to brands , but the next Ford Falcon will be nicer-designed , classier looking , and better driving , but will still only sell 5% of Commodore's numbers.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 7, 10:45am
GM better hope its a good one. Marchionne's Fiat group designed stuff is starting to make its way through the ranks and give Chrysler yet another push in the right direction since Fiat's takeover.

He said the other day one of their new vehicles was getting aWOP (WOG) built engine. If they start pouring Maserati technology in to the performance Chryslers they may be a sight to behold.

rellerion, Feb 7, 11:10am
it looks like a sleeker looking VE.

anyway why would you get a gas guzzling commodore/falcon when you can have a smaller less thirsty korean car that has more electrical technogizmogical stuff on it.

gman35, Feb 7, 11:26am
Actually I can't see why SEDANS are so popular in any size , unless you are after the slightly quieter cabin a sedan gives in say, a real luxury car , surely the hatch style (or wagon if even more room needed) is so much more practicle. In fact doesn't today's VE still only have a small centre-fold section and not even allow the seats to be seperately folded ! So you can't carry anything reas. long and wide , and are also limited by the shelf height , brilliant.

richardmayes, Feb 8, 8:02am
My boss had a VY SV6 when I started working for him, then he traded it in on a Territory Ghia. The Ford didn't go around corners quite as well as the SV6 but it hardly mattered because there was ENOUGH grip for any corner you would encounter during sensible town, motorway or highway driving. And the ride was A LOT smoother in the Territory than the Commodore. And the Territory had far more room for all his kids' stuff. In hindsight the commodore was just a POS by comparison.

(And I say that as someone who is a real long-time fan of 6-cylinder RWD sports saloons.)

The reason softroader girly urban SUVs have taken over the world is, even if you hate them (as I do) you eventually come to acknowledge that they are actually quite good for their intended purpose of schlepping lots of children and all their stuff across town or to the beach.

And Falcons and Commodores are really not as flash as the marketing hype would like you to believe. I would only ever buy the station wagon version of either, because the only reason I would own a big thirsty truck with harsh noisy suspension is if I wanted to absolutely maximise the amount of luggage space out the back.

franc123, Feb 8, 8:23am
I don't believe they do serve their buyers as well as you claim, about the only real advantage they have over a normal 2wd car based wagon is perhaps enhanced driver visibility from sitting higher up. Most of them SHOULD have huge room in the load area but don't, even a Territory isn't as as good in this area as a Falcon wagon is for example, these chunky plastics they use really intrude into the load space, the boot floor is higher off the ground and is harder to load and unload, parking them can be harder in tight conditions. And how many REALLY need all wheel drive! The answer to that is very very few, its possibly only an aid to those who use boat ramps or horse floats in muddy areas, or those that frequent skifields. If you don't do these things you don't need it.Harsh noisy suspension! You must have driven too many SV6 or XR6 versions, the likes of Fairmont, Calais, G6E or Statesman ride superb, its whatever you want it to be.

clark20, Feb 8, 9:54am
Actually it is taking some design points from the volt

croco1, Feb 8, 10:50pm

bellky, Feb 8, 11:15pm
Handy for holden drivers since thay can't drive anyway ;)

mantagsi, Feb 9, 2:14am
Oh no, its back! Ah well, things were nice while they lasted.

r15, Feb 9, 8:43am

croco1, Feb 9, 11:10pm