New Nissan Pulsar SSS

gman35, Feb 9, 9:34am
For some reason I can't paste a link to the pic. sorry , and I am sure someone will soon please , but has anyone seen the soon-to-be released Pulsar , as in today's ChCh Press for example ! This new thing is styled as crook as the "Tiida" , has brightwork around the windows , numberplate etc , appears to have 14" wheels due to the nana's car slab-sided styling and yet they have the nuts to call it a SSS. Let's just say Ford or Mazda won't be too worried with the Focus or the new 3. I know styling is personal pref , but it's shite as a base for a "sports" model.

thunderbolt, Feb 9, 9:43am

mantagsi, Feb 9, 9:45am
I am a huge nissan fan but even I've noticed that pretty much none of the better model pulsars (perhaps excluding the GTIR before the wankers get to them) were ever likely to be at risk of being sportier than similar cars from other marques. Nissan styling in general has become quite odd for their small car range (and some big) but I guess thats market forces at work, plus a little help from the french end

gman35, Feb 9, 9:57am
Yes , that is the one sorry to say , it is funny actually how many 5dr hatches now have very much the same "rear 1/4 window" shape as started by the Mazda 3 in '04ish. I know many say about Subaru's stylists loosing it , but I think Nissan have totally with their run-of-the-mill car range (actually that's only this and the Maxima now I suppose , excepting the small Micra).

mantagsi, Feb 9, 10:01am
Ah well, I just fondly think back when I was a bit younger and my mate and I used to cruise round feeling cool in an old but tidy 1984 pulsar milano turbo, very square and eighties but it was loads of fun back then, all the same!

austingtir, Feb 9, 10:06am
It will be cheaper than the other similar cars and have potential to make upto 250hp on the stock turbo.This is basically the same engine thats in the deltawing that makes 300hp.

Not saying i like the styling or the engine itself but it does have potential imo.Turbo and CVT that has potential aswell.Depends on how tuff they made the CVT at end of the day though.

Heres a chinese blog on the same car but their version thats been on sale for a couple years.Some cheap skate stuff going on but you cant expect much from a car that might have a price tag in the mid 30's.

http://translate.google.co.nz/translate!hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_710985b60100yx0e.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3D14411-1KC0E%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D632%26prmd%3Dimvns&sa=X&ei=Lk6CUI_hJ6OdmQXMy4GAAg&ved=0CDQQ7gEwAw

gman35, Feb 9, 10:09am
Yes , but they still looked ok in that basic-but sporty jap 3-dr way. But I don't quite think today's lads will be thinking "gee I can't wait till there are a few of those 2013 SSS's on the used market in a few years"

supernova2, Feb 9, 10:59am
Its the French influence thats made late model Nissans look odd.At least they have avoided the big arse look so far.

morrisman1, Feb 9, 11:02am
I'm very interested to see how we feel about these new model hatches in ten years time. Maybe they will be like the n15 is like now, or maybe they could be one not to be seen in. The newest impreza is less than impressive and very disappointing.

vjregal770, Feb 9, 11:59am
Take off the badge and it could be anything from a Toyota to a Kia or anything in between. I'm sure it's an OK enough car, but it's so bland .

xs1100, Feb 9, 9:55pm
and whats with that juke very very strange looking car

wrong2, Feb 10, 12:03am
that is just plain boring

jason18, Feb 10, 12:05am
Looks good to me.

phillip.weston, Feb 10, 12:06am
yuck yuck yuck. Nissan have definitely lost their way.

phillip.weston, Feb 10, 12:07am
I think you'll find that window design was around long before the Mazda3!

mantagsi, Feb 10, 9:38am
Have you seen what the current generation of 'young turks' like do to their cars! I wouldn't be so quick to claim they wont be keen on this one in a few years! :P hehe