Mitsi

newtec1, Feb 11, 8:19am
Any problems with the 2.5 diesel turbo'92 ---- '98

gizmsme, Feb 11, 8:24am
Loads.Make sure they have a perfect cooling system, regular oil changes and clean filters and they will be as good as anything else!

andy61, Feb 11, 8:48am
They are known as agrenade with the pin pulled-they will blow .

fryan1962, Feb 11, 10:06am
The motor is a 4d56.turbo and non turbo.my timing belt broke and then she broke the rockers

runs ok now

muzz67, Feb 11, 5:47pm
Yep, ours blew the cam off the head and broke the rockers too. Was a pretty easy fix tho.

strobo, Feb 11, 5:48pm
Agree with all of the above.

newtec1, Feb 12, 7:36am
Should i buy one with a good service history or not.

newtec1, Feb 12, 8:26am
All of them.!

franc123, Feb 12, 8:38am
Put it this way, if you don't you do so at your financial peril, good replacement engines that you can just throw in are getting rarer every day and naturally rebuilds cost more than what the rest of the vehicle is worth. They need to be checked out properly and not bought sight unseen off here. Do NOT buy examples that smoke, fume excessively from the oil filler cap, are hard to start either hot or cold or run rough afterwards, or have dirty cooling systems.Gotta have a laugh at the above whinging about broken cambelts and rockers, amazingly enough that problem doesn't exist if you change the belt, balance belt and tensioners etc when they are due, and don't let oil leaks get to the point where they contaminate the belt.

NZTools, Feb 12, 8:40am
But that would mean servicing it right!

franc123, Feb 12, 8:43am
Umm yeah in a nutshell. Some peoples idea of service is an oil and filter change when they get round to it, in fact some people think that a wof is a service.

newtec1, Feb 13, 4:33am
Thanks for that.I do have a diesel at present and know they need servicing regularly,but i know nothing about Mitsi's.