Headunit question

-cloud, Feb 7, 4:08am
What causes a headunit to intermittently skip/lag through the last few songs on a mp3 cd!
It's a cd-rw, i've tried different brands of cd and burning different songs onto the end yet when it happens its always the end 5-7 songs.
Headunit is a pioneer 6450bt and less than a year old. My previous pioneer had no issues with cd-rw whatsoever.

Thanks

cypherboy, Feb 7, 5:44am
CDs are outdated now, get a mechless tuner with usb/aux inputs and a cheap mp3 player or a big usb stick to copy all ya songs to

-cloud, Feb 11, 3:08am
Yep mine has all that but i still find cd useful as i can turn on the car and immediately i'll have decent music without having to plug anything in!

rsr72, Feb 11, 3:12am
.plus everyone has a million precious CD's

74nova, Feb 11, 4:24am
The brand is the answer to your !

kazbanz, Feb 11, 6:03am
some cd's wont read burned cd's

ralphdog1, Feb 11, 7:12am
The 6450 has an SD card slot, use that, much more simple.

-cloud, Feb 11, 8:33am
Yea might look into that.

saxman99, Feb 11, 8:54am
If its mp3-CD capable (which it is) then it can read home-burnt discs. It has to by definition.

However, sometimes CDRW can cause problems because of their low reflectivity.OP have you tried CDR!

In any case IMHO it is better to use a stick in the USB slot than CD.

-cloud, Feb 12, 2:56am
Nope i havent tried a cd-r. Might give that a go.
The USB is at the rear of the unit and so i've just plugged an ipod cable into it and left it. It'd be quite annoying to plug/unplug usb stick/ipod.

inkapuka, Feb 12, 5:21am
I have a sony ipod headunit instead of a cd it has a tray that flips out and you can tidily store your ipod usb or what ever out of sight.2000songs compared to 18 songs on a cd that can get scratched. I dont own a single cd all paid via i tunes

mazzyz, Feb 12, 5:36am
Bulldust, surely not everything Pioneer makes is questionable. That head unit is a good middle of the range unit not one of the budget ones. The 7350bt unit I have works just fine, as do the other Pioneer appliances we own, some 15+ years old.

saxman99, Feb 12, 5:42am
Agreed, my solution to this identical problem was to fit a USB extension cable to the socket and have the end come out into the glove box.This way it is quick and easy to plug in either.

steptoe72, Feb 12, 10:12am
I have a Alpine headunit , with Ai-Net, does anyone know who sells the plug for it which has a box at the end for a sd card and a usb port.

divermark, Feb 12, 10:43am
You can get Ai-Net to RCA then add an RCA to 3.5mm or iPod 30 pin.
No control but 100% sound quality (using iPod option anyway).

steptoe72, Feb 12, 11:21am
This is what I'm after, but carnt find any for sale in NZ. My head unit is mp3 cd and plays mp3's on DVD disc's .over 1000 songs per disc. its way to good to throw away and buy anther .

http://yatour.en.alibaba.com/productshowimg/383835956-209769036/Digital_CD_changer_USB_SD_car_mp3_interface_for_Alpine_AI_NET.html