WOW, WHAT GREAT SERVICE!

mrsscubasteve, Mar 14, 12:23am
Really impressed with AA Rotorua, I took my last car there for a WOF and was impressed and I have just taken my new car for its first WOF.

Although the AA also has a workshop and my car failed on a bulb and a tire, not once did they push for their workshop to do it. They also noted some general things that could be replaced, which was nice because I am currently fixing a few things on the car and prefer to do everything all at once if I can - but was just nice to feel like they were really trustworthy.

^^^ I stopped using the last garage after they pushed for repairs, so AA thanks! Definitely have a return customer :) - last time when my wiper blades were low they even gave me freebies!

AND my day doesn't stop there. I brought this car with no spare tire or space saver, I took it into firestone to get a change over for WOF and inquired about price of rim+tire as a spare or cost of space saver. Went upstairs and came down with a spare that perfectly fits and secured it in my boot for NO cost.

Sometimes its abit of a push for cash and its been one of those weeks so its been so nice having some great service and feeling "human" once more.

theram1, Mar 14, 12:31am
But the suggested a few general things, is that not pushing for repairs!.

mrsscubasteve, Mar 14, 12:44am
In the notes field, cracked power steering/alternator belt and perishing brake hoses. They didn't say oh this MUST be replaced and we can do it etc etc.

^^ I wouldn't say that was pushing for repairs. I knew about those things prior and there was no conversation about it with them.

theram1, Mar 14, 12:50am
Fair enough.
I prefer to go to VTNZ because they don't fix things. But they do close my bonnet by dropping a foot from the latch. No more Mount VTNZ, Tauranga branch for me.

mrsscubasteve, Mar 14, 12:54am
^^^ yeah never really liked the mount branch of VTNZ. Ended up taking mine to Vehicle Testing BOP but after an argument about sticker placement and providing proof it was legal I've decided I can't be bothered (few other things they were wrong on too).

trader_84, Mar 14, 12:59am
Dropping a foot from the latch! Whats wrong with that! Does your bonnet bend or something!

lk104, Mar 14, 1:37am
Brake Hoses, geez I would want them done ASAP and they should have failed you on perished brake hoses. I wouldnt call that good service, its possibly putting lives at risk.

twink19, Mar 14, 1:49am
cracked power steer belt, possible fail, brake hoses, would have failed them

supernova2, Mar 14, 1:53am
I agree with OP, Rotorua AA provide excellent service in their WOF inspections.Having said that a cracked powersteer belt and perished brake hoses IMHO should have been a fail.

In respect of the Firestone comments I'd almost bet that was Jason.

Isin't it nice to see a thread on here that is full of positive comments rather than whinging.Yeha!

theram1, Mar 14, 1:56am
Interesting, I also received a warning about a cracked brake hose, not bad enough to fail it on, but would need replacing before the next inspection.

mrsscubasteve, Mar 14, 2:10am
Perishing not perished. I have other work to do on the car so doing it all at once but no point paying someone for something I can do; hardly putting lives at risk when they are still warrant-able and being repaired same day.

mrsscubasteve, Mar 14, 2:13am
Same straight as AA! Was so happy, bummer to buy the car without a spare but was so stoked to have it offered.

lk104, Mar 14, 3:08am
What one persons "warrantable" is, is another persons "fail"
Its only interpretation of the law.

singing1, Mar 14, 3:18am
Do a Bert Munroe on the hose and give it some boot polish.she'll be right.

curlcrown, Mar 14, 5:05am
That is the correct way to close a bonnet. Far less likely to cause damage than what a lot of people do, gently place it down then press on it to close it.

unbeatabull, Mar 14, 5:07am
This. With how bonnets are made these days. Very easy to put a large dent on the bonnet with very little force pressing down. Still remember when one of the apprentices closed a bonnet on a brand new Fiesta after finishing his pre delivery inspection, didn't close so went to press down on it and put a dent in it, flaked all the paint and everything. He didn't even push down hard on it. Best way is to drop it from a safe height to let its own weight shut it. Boss has told us we have to close all customer bonnets like this since that incident!

theram1, Mar 14, 5:12am
My bonnet is made of steel thick enough not to cause dents when pushing on it to close it.

waythe, Mar 14, 5:49am
I like the AA for wof fast and effiant the 2 vtnz in rotorua are just a waste of time I had to take a car in for a cousin to do a recheck at the fenton park VTNZ there where 2 wof guys there doing a WOF on 1 car and they couldn,t work any slower if they tried I waited 45 minutes I was a mechanic for over 15 yearsso I do know what I'm talking about I sent a email to VTNZ telling them of them of the bad service not a word back so it's the AA for me from now on

strobo, Mar 14, 6:01am
I just drop em allfrom3/4way downjob done.No loving press or push or other but just drop it shut.

next-car-ltd, Mar 17, 9:53am
I also have to give AA Rotorua the thumbs up. Always great service.