Screeching / graunching electric windows

hawat, Mar 11, 4:06am
Must be the long dry spell. When I open windows on the car (electric) they make this screeching / graunching sound. Doesn't sound like its doing the car any good and I'm expecting the electric winding motors to blow out or something. Does anyone know what to lubricate the windows with to stop that! Also where do you put this!

outbidyou2, Mar 11, 4:12am
silicone spray on the track rubbers! I'd spray it down the end side of each window.

biddy6, Mar 11, 4:13am
You could try silicone spray down the window channels if thats the noisey area, or it will be lack of lube in the motor area, but will depend on what system your vehicle has .ie you will need the door card off to get a look see.

kazbanz, Mar 11, 5:03am
What is your car!
Normally what we do is first wash out the tracks the window slides in to remove dust and dirt. we also peel back the window sealing rubber and clean the gunge off of those. -Once its dry then we lube the tracks -if that doesnt fix it then the issue is in the mechanism

hawat, Mar 11, 9:28am
BMW 540

hawat, Mar 11, 9:36am
i'm gonna try spraying that silicone and see what happens.

kazbanz, Mar 11, 8:05pm
hawat-AT LEASTget into the tracks with a brush and brush out any grit in there.
In my opinion youll find its the winding mechanism about to die.either the pulley or the cable. -Your description of the sound to me is that of a dying winder

hawat, Mar 12, 3:01am
OK will do thanks kazbanz

xs1100, Mar 12, 7:12am
try graphite grease also just puff it in to tracks

hawat, Mar 13, 3:15am
Excellent. The silicone spray did the trick just fine thanks guys. But you did put the wind up me for a bit there kazbanz. I was praying that the silicone spray worked because your solution was sounding expensive.

kazbanz, Mar 13, 3:56am
Good news mon--Im happy to be proven wrong.

hawat, Mar 13, 7:54am
No, not wrong mate. Just another solution this time. Maybe next time your solution is the winner. Either way I appreciate your help AND I will take what you say for later because this will come to pass at some point.

lookoutas, Mar 14, 5:12am
It's actually a powder, and it's good coz it don't attract dust etc like a liquid will.

guest, Sep 26, 4:43am
September 27, 2012 at 4:18 amHow do people make money from home doing aliffiate marketing? How do they find out what products they can sell for someone else? How do they generate web traffic? How hard is all of this? Is a home-based business only meant for a very few select group of people?

guest, Sep 28, 4:06pm
This is how I rank them:1) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Although I don't love every single moenmt of this game like many people do, its epic feel and nostalgic value propel it to #1. A major point in Ocarina's favour is the inclusion of my absolute favourite dungeon in the entire series: the Shadow Temple.2) The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask The only thing keeping this game from taking the top spot is the fact that it's just too short, with only four actual dungeons. But its eerie atmosphere and incredible depth make it a very, very close second. If Nintendo ever remakes this game, I hope they add at least one additional dungeon (I'm thinking the area beneath the graveyard, where you learn the Song of Storms) and touch up the graphics so that the moon looks much more menacing.3) The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess I wasn't a huge fan at first; I thought it tried too hard to emulate Ocarina of Time. But then I began to notice its own distinctive identity amidst the failed attempt at invoking nostalgic value, and I've since come to appreciate it's quasi-gothic aesthetics and the length of its main quest. Even though it doesn't push the envelope very far, Twilight Princess is the purest representation of the classic Zelda formula.4) The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past My introduction to the series and to gaming as a whole. It will always have a special place in my heart.5) The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap A very charming game with a great deal of fun to be had. Earns big points for the Palace of Winds, one of the greatest dungeons in the whole series.6) The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker A massive world to explore, albeit scattered in nature considering how it's spread over a vast ocean. It is sad in the sense that it tells the tale of Hyrule's destruction, but The Wind Waker is still an upbeat and charming game worthy of the series.7) The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures Very linear by comparison to other games in the series, but this is to be expected with a game that is split into stages rather than having an open-world setting. Nevertheless, it is tons of fun as both a single player and multiplayer experience.8) The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks Spirit Tracks has better dungeons than its predecessor on the DS, but its main draw is the undeniable charm it exudes through its characters and varied settings. There's lots to explore, and a great deal of fun to be had.9) The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass Very monotonous dungeons, but has the same strengths as The Wind Waker for the GameCube. A game well worth playing at least once.10) Zelda II: The Adventure of Link The hardest game in the series by far, but an underappreciated classic that deserves a second look. Zelda II boldly reinvents the formula established by its predecessor through combining elements of adventure games, RPGs, and side-scrollers.11) The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening A massive world to explore, filled with the right amounts of charm and challenge. So why does it rank so low? Simple: it's tedious. Link's Awakening needlessly disposes of your ability to simply press the R button to grab objects in front of you (or to dash ahead with the Pegasus Boots), making for constant trips to the pause menu. Not only that, but it's altogether far too cumbersome to navigate your way around the island. If this were the second ever Zelda game and predated A Link to the Past, it'd be much easier to appreciate its nuances, however frustrating they may be. But some questionable development choices really took a lot of the potential fun out of the game. That being said, there's a lot to love about its dungeons, and Eagles Tower remains memorable as one of the most well-designed locations ever put into a Zelda game.12) The Legend of Zelda A lengthy and classic adventure, but a very old one, and it shows its age. Still a worthwhile endeavour, but doesn't really compare to the more recent entries in the series it started.13) The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Very short, far too easy, and with virtually no replay value.I have not yet played the following titles: -The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons -The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword