Converting to electric windows

kelzzz, Mar 11, 7:54pm
I want electric windows in my VT Commodore but it's going to be hell expensive. Guy at the wreckers told me about a power kit that fits on your existing manual crank. Google is not being my friend. Does anyone know of these or where to get them!

intrade, Mar 11, 7:55pm
ummmmm i know a lot of people whom want to have menual windo winder instead of electric that wont open because they are broken and cost more then the car to fix.

incar., Mar 11, 8:24pm
Use google au, or put australia at the end, plenty over there

a.woodrow, Mar 11, 9:20pm

elect70, Mar 12, 2:52am
Renault lagunadealer wanted $1000+ for replacementwindow motor . took it to bits & fixed itmyself,crooks

mk3crazy, Mar 12, 3:47am
Just get electric windows from a similar car that well fit yours. I have fitted electric windows to my Mk3 Cortina's 2 and 4 doors from a 1990 Mitsubishi v3000. Not hard to do.

gizmsme, Mar 12, 6:30am
Fitted the external units that sound very similar to those you mentioned. They were available through auto accessory outlets during the 80s, motor unit was a boxwith a up/down switch that fitted to door card, had a plastic drive that fitted into back of box and various splines to fit over regulator drive.They We're ok but not great with the drives being the weak point.Wouldn't recommend them even if you could still find some.

wrong2, Mar 12, 6:34am
+ the hideous amount of extra wiring & electric crap that goes with having electric windows

complete backwards step

m16d, Mar 12, 7:49am
This could be another option.

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=s8XQ7gokmRM