Mitsubishi 2.5 Pajero diesel

budgel, Mar 11, 10:53am
I am on the lookout for a cheap diesel 4wd and am scoping an auto one of these that wont go into top gear. Is this likely to be a mechanical or electrical fault!
Older Pajero, Landrover Disco, Bighorn.Is any one of these better than the others!

haventrader, Mar 11, 11:06pm
If you do consider a Discovery, the 200Tdi is the one to go for. The 300 Tdi was a good motor, but had issues with the cambelt pulleys, which unless replaced (kit supplied by Landrover), snapped cambelts early on. Being an older vehicle, a 200 Tdi should be relatively easy to come by for next to nothing. The 300Tdi also had "curling dashboard" woes - which, although not affecting the performance, looked awful.

lazzo, Mar 11, 11:49pm
If you are looking at older model Pajero diesel you should look at the 2.8 intercooled and forget about the 2.5

calvin_85, Mar 12, 9:32am
as said above go for the 2.8, they dont cost much if any more and they have enough grunt to keep you satisfied. you will get frustrated with the 2.5. I own a 2.8 SWB auto, great trucks they are.due to all the horror stories I have never owned a landy. my old man and brother in law have 3.1 Bighorns, no complaints from them and they have a bit more grunt than my Paj but seem to be a bit more thirsty.