Engish imported carvans any good?

mono3, Feb 27, 7:18am
as above

noodleman4, Feb 27, 7:25am
If like bikes and cars ive seen from there then no. (used)
There salted roads aint that nice on vehilcles.

rob_man, Feb 27, 7:33am
I'm a bit suspicious of them, a friend of mine bought one and began walking around with a knotted hanky on his head while on holiday and was often to be seen wading ankle deep with his trouers rolled up to his knees while uttering inanities like: "Hey up Chuck, there's soom nice periwinkles here, how about a kipper for breakfast!"
I would avoid them if I was you.

twink19, Feb 27, 7:46am
have heard that they are prone to leaking

bigfatmat1, Feb 27, 7:55am
what brand! alot of new don'thave water or grey tanks. Overly complicated wiring systems. and gas is not to nz spec needs slight mod. The older ones are flimsy in the chassis of the van itself. On the plus side they are not as bland as others most have hydraulic brakes not electric they have flash suspension have good heaters they are well insulatied New eldis carries a 10 year chassis warranty. nicer appliances.

morrisman1, Feb 27, 8:14am
How likely is it that the caravan is on the road while the road is salted!

mono3, Feb 27, 8:14am
fleetwood its on here 4 13k

supernova2, Feb 27, 8:17am
Have you check the parts supply!Windows!lights!etc!

bigfatmat1, Feb 27, 8:20am
auction link!

franc123, Feb 27, 8:20am
They're well kitted out but the standard of construction is pretty flimsy to say the least, you would wonder how well they would stand up to towing on our more rougher roads. There have been instances of stolen ones turning up and more than a few have been insurance writeoffs that have been bought cheap and had shonky repairs done before export.Buyer beware.

geedubu, Feb 28, 4:54am
Ee right lad a friend of mine bought one and he started warming his beer in the microwave and spent the whole time at the camping ground wandering around lookin for t' bingo hall.

hpaul, Feb 28, 4:57am
Nothing wrong with them, very easy to checkthem over too and given low UK prices for used ones they should be much cheaper than the incredibly high prices for used kiwi ones.

monaro17, Feb 28, 5:30am
Although new ones are markedly better than before, English caravans are not the best. There is hardly any form of chassis and the interior fitment is designed to wow- the first impression when you walk in is good. then you look closer and see the inferior build quality. The insurers in England WILL NOT insure those caravans when they reach 10 years old.- that surely says it all. I have vast experience with caravanning, so without blowing my trumpet I know my stuff. They are cheaper for a reason. Unless you are hell bent on a cheap modern van then go for the 1970s and 1980s NZ made vans- they are better.

sr2, Feb 28, 5:35am
LOL; I??

haventrader, Feb 28, 6:35am
Very few ever tow their caravans during winter, unless you're part of the "travelling community".

franc123, Feb 28, 7:10am
Well said, one assumes thats when they start disintegrating. Do you reckon they are that cheap though! I don't think so, funny that a 10yo £3000 van in the UK pops up on the other side of the world for $17995 doesn't it. Must be a good lark for some of the ratbags bringing them in considering they've got bugger all ORC's when they get here.

drog, Feb 28, 7:12am
You weren't supposed to mention that.

monaro17, Mar 1, 1:43am
Yes it must be very lucrative for the importers. Hence why they do it.

elect70, Mar 1, 2:39am
The pomsbiuld themflimsy asthey trade them in on new modelsregulary . Thank god carravanningisnt so popular in NZ & lesscamp groundsevery year asthe land becomes toovaluableto Councilssothey sell it to developersfor residential. ,enough road pigs as it is .

luxy, Mar 1, 8:08am
watch they are not stolen!