Help - innocent party in a car accident

Page 2 / 2
meathead_timaru, Apr 1, 3:20am
You're not at the mercy of the insurance company. They have no more rights than you do. You don't have to accept their offer if you're not satisfied that you're being fairly compensated for the damage caused by the insured.

If they refuse to enter reasonable negotiations the Disputes Tribunal is your best course of action.

Might I recommend that you insure your vehicle comprehensively if you can't afford to be without it and don't have the means to replace it should it be damaged.

msigg, Apr 1, 4:02am
No oscar220 you are at the mercy of the insurance company,the offer was made buy the insurance company in my work mate reference, and if not accepted then the other car was going to be deregistered. The difference here though is that he wanted his old car back.

meathead_timaru, Apr 1, 4:08am
The 'other car' being deregistered has no bearing on anything.

oscar220, Apr 1, 4:23am
Not being a lawyer, perhaps you could explain to the OP how an Insurance Company the OP is not insured with can dictate what happens to her car and how much they will pay for it.

Also was your work friend insured!

msigg, Apr 1, 5:33am
No my work friend was not insured, and to meathead yes they deregister and sell for scrap/wreckers. Once you get payed out by insurance you no longer own the car.

oscar220, Apr 1, 7:13am
No my work friend was not insured, and to meathead yes they deregister and sell for scrap/wreckers. Once you get payed out by insurance you no longer own the car.

Quotemsigg (93 )6:33 pm, Mon 1 Apr #30

You really are confusing things, continually posting contradictory comments, all heresay no facts.

OP should fight Insurance company. End of story.

msigg, Apr 1, 8:36am
Well lets hope the OP does come back and tell us all what has happened. This is why we all need Insurance.

owene, Apr 1, 10:24am
Actually, have you ever considered your role in the crash (there ain't no such thing as an accident as they are all caused by humans and their stupidity)! Had you not been where you were, you wouldn't have been banged into. Therefore, surely you should shoulder some of the blame!

faa_luke, Apr 1, 10:37am
That's like saying if you get run over by a car on the footpath, you're partly at fault for walking on the footpath. Obviously the other driver is at fault or their insurance company would be demanding money off OP, not working out how much to pay them out.

owene, Apr 1, 10:41am
Of course you'd be to blame partially. Had you not been on the footpath, the crash couldnt have happened. How hard is that logic!

meathead_timaru, Apr 1, 11:00am
The other party's insurer has no power to deregister your vehicle, or do anything with it whatsoever, that the insured damaged until such time they agree to buy it for a sum which you accept or repair it. No exception. You need to read the original post and understand the scenario: the OP is an UTP.

meathead_timaru, Apr 1, 11:09am
I hope that's just a troll. If so, it's a really weak one. But otherwise, it's just plain stupidity.

guest, Sep 26, 3:25am
Salou, it has a gorgeous beach, they do exinsrcous to Barcelona or you can just get the train (what we did avoid rush hour).Also, it is not clubby but it is not quiet.

guest, Sep 28, 3:43pm
Mar20Martin van Z Although I agree with you that working from a blank canavs is hard, I do not think it's a good thing to copy a design and try to recreate it.If you would work like this all the time you will not be able grow and come up with clever new design ideas. In my opinion it's better to try to learn why you like one of those designs. Look at it and try to find the structure the designer has used.