Holden comy playing up, any ideas

delaware2, Mar 26, 2:00am
Bought car in Dec, check engine light came on during the trip home, oxygen sensors, one month ago the trans went, now after having a few attempts at starting over the past week (like a fuel blockage, added additive clean up) it did a few shudders on the way home after fueling up, now it won't start, turning over just like the fuel aint going through. My partner had a look at the spark plugs and fuel filter and all that was done last service 4000km's ago. What could it be possibly, coil packs! Blockage in fuel line! This car has cost us over $2k already since we brought it, and I'm regretting being a holden girl at the moment, give me back my suby lol, the car will be towed into workshop tomorrow if we can't get it going tonight but hoping someone maybe has experienced this before with any car. Any info would be greatly appreciated, except the whole buy a ford discussion thanks :)

ofive, Mar 26, 2:06am
That year commy is very easy to fix, especially that size motor.

bobin55, Mar 26, 2:11am
try the crank angle senser usually the root of all woes for sure

delaware2, Mar 26, 2:26am
ofive not brand new in Dec, VX 2001 Equipe,

bobin55 thank you, sick of woes with this car already lol

treachug, Mar 26, 6:01am
How many kms! If around 200kms its time for a new fuel pump. Take fuel cap off, get someone to turn key to on while someone is listening into filler. You should hear the buzz of the pump - if not its more than likely dead. Get under car and thump bottom of tank (more towards right hand front area) as hard as you can with your fist. This may kick start pump & get you going again.

delaware2, Mar 26, 7:10am
treachug.just tried your suggestion and it worked! Your a bloody legend :) got it booked in tomorrow morning so may not have to tow the b***h in.thank you for the advice much appreciated, workshop said it could be the crank sensor to so may be both since she's done 240k

bigfatmat1, Mar 26, 7:30am
Vx is tank dropped to replace pump common prob

treachug, Mar 26, 8:27am
Yep & tell them dont purchase genuine as the pumps are a module assembly & over $1500. We sell aftermarket pump module assemblies at work & are around $450 from memory. The crank sensor will fail when warm - pour cold water over it to cool it down & it will start again. I'm thinking its the fuel pump only. Tank out as bigfatmat1 said, should only take around 1/2 to 1 hour on a hoist start to finish

bigfatmat1, Mar 26, 8:31am
as above not a cheap pump

treachug, Mar 27, 8:17am
any update! just curious.

howz_that, Mar 27, 8:33am
Im pretty sure you can get the pump alone for about $90. When I did mine I needed the whole assembly due to the gauge not reading properly, think it cost bout $420

delaware2, Mar 27, 7:03pm
Thought I would update you guys, had to tow her in yesterday morning pump shat itself before even got down the drive. Haven't got comy back yet, pump arriving and being fitted today but yes asked for a after market one as well. Will let you know how much and what was done when I get her and her mate bill later this arvo. Cheers for all the help guys :) by the time we are finished we going to have a new car at the rate we are replacing parts, wonder what's next haha