Kia Picanto 1250, any good?

bunny2121, Mar 30, 8:04am
Has anyone got thoughts on the Kia Picanto manual. I had one pass me on motorway today and thought it looked ok for a small car.
So did some looking and see its super ecomomical and pretty cheap for a new car with good warranty.
My main question is what are they like at 80-100km/h as part of my daily trip is open road. But due to km I do looking at fuel saver will save me $3800 a year on gas over my current car.

audi_s_ate, Mar 30, 10:21pm
Will cost you almost as much in deprecation if you are doing that kind of KM if buying new.
2nd hand perhaps it may save you a bit but they are fairly awful travelling at 100km and forget about overtaking safely.

intrade, Mar 30, 10:34pm
yea it is to be found out when i looked at whats on sale in nz for most economy there was not mutch the picanto was one but only 2012 latest models had low fuel consumption figures , how accurate they are i dont know 2 other cars had low fuel consumption and pricethe holdon berina and the suzuki swift small engined car. I did compair it to the dacia sandero 1.2 that costs in europe 11000$ we got one of em and its a large car with petrol fuelconsumption of 5.8 liter or 60mpg euro 5 emission 1.2 liter engine. only thesefew cars i listed above is what i found.
The chinesegelee for example is a gasgussler compaired to them plus who knows the quality of a geele. we know holdon dont have a terriblie good name. and all have to mutch electronic junk the dacia has all manual our one has just got a engine computer nothing else not even power-steering as that is also extra cost and weight to service.