Holden vectra . good ? bad ?

motorcycleparts, Mar 31, 9:01am
looking at purchasing a manual vectra.2000 model. whats the opinions as to if they are good bad or indifferent !

mugenb20b, Mar 31, 9:39am
Good value for money, not bad to drive, 60 000km cambelt replacement intervals on 4 cylinder petrol engines. Check cooling system thoroughly, there are many plastic bits that can fail, radiators are pricks of things to remove / refit.

franc123, Mar 31, 9:50am
They're a good open road drive but theres little else to recommend them. You need to be able to DIY on repairs and have a good cheap parts source in the UK if you want to operate one economically here. Expect problems with engine electrical bits like AFM's and cam sensors etc.Cambelts are no drama providing you change all the bits it drives and stick to the correct change kms, they're easier to deal with than a lot of jap engines in fact. Anything that looks like its been neglected in the servicing should be avoided, don't be tempted by a V6 one either.

outbidyou2, Mar 31, 9:54am
Mates wife had one a few years back. She cooked it, as above check cooling system first.

lazzo, Mar 31, 1:43pm
I've never heard a good word about them.

bookeeper, Mar 31, 7:40pm

tgray, Apr 1, 6:41am
Yuk!

julian.walls, Apr 1, 8:24am
A's are pretty good - I got one last 12 or so on the road 1990 Opel 2000 16v but note this top range performance one with the Cosworth headthat this one is has different steering system ; different rear suspension - had it 9 yearsdue to its belts at 230000km or so -reasonably Reliablebeen German built -more rust protection-lesser A Vectra NZ new were actually Vauxhall British Made - Rust not been too much of issue for mine
B shape i told have problems particularly Aussie built ones

C Shape (Reminds me of a mini Cadillac) generally good hence reasonable re-sale model and one day I get one of those -Opel fan!

doug207, Apr 1, 8:25am
Horrid to work on and this means very expensive to have worked on. Not a fantastic drive, underpowered for what they are.
Junk, essentially. Buy a Camry or a 626, or anything else.