Help ive broken my new holden

mycatsanegg, Jan 5, 4:02am
my husband bought me a 2011 commodore for xmas and when I got in it this morning the fuel gauge and main panel for radio and map etc not working.the digital speedo is though.please help

differentthings, Jan 5, 4:17am
check your fuses.

m16d, Jan 5, 5:18am
If the fuel gauge is not working, then fill it up with 95.

mycatsanegg, Jan 5, 6:02am
ok thanks.have checked fuses and all seem ok. I just went for a drive and the sun reflected on the dash and I could see the radio/map etc panel is working but not lit. have tried turning up the light just off to the side of where the steering wheel sits but it doesn't seemed to have helped.will definitely try filling it with 95 and hopefully that will sort out the fuel gauge. I think it may be on night or power saver mode.trying to solve it with manual.hahahaha

intrade, Jan 5, 6:09am
might be in transport mode.

carcrazy8, Jan 5, 6:17am
Did u do this by mistake

In the VE'sa dash blackout are standard in all vehicles.

For the dash blackout.
Hold the 2 brightness adjustment buttons at the same time for a second or so, everything but the centre display and your speedo will blackout

attitudedesignz, Jan 5, 6:19am
A suggestion from a forum.

"Start the car, and press both + & - buttons which control the instrumentation brightness. They are located just above the headlights switch. Doing this at night turns off just about all controls on the dash, lighting, taco, fuel, temp etc"

mycatsanegg, Jan 5, 6:36am
ok yes I did it by mistake and sounds like ive done what you think attitudedesignz.now how do I please right my wrong and get it back to normal!

mycatsanegg, Jan 5, 6:37am
and you too carcrazy.

lookoutas, Jan 5, 6:53am
You're lucky your cat can't talk.

intrade, Jan 5, 7:01am
make sure your transport mode is off
https://www.youtube.com/watch!v=nU-hVWxQN0U

mycatsanegg, Jan 5, 7:21am
thanks intrade.I tried this and left car on for about 20 seconds and still nothing.

intrade, Jan 5, 7:25am
did you see a message transport mode!
you know what you shoulddo findyourreading Glassesright.
Then go and find where the book is that big one like the yellow pagesshould say owner manual on it and start reading all about your car.

mycatsanegg, Jan 5, 7:30am
no I didn't see the transport mode come up and I did say I was reading the manual to try correct the problem .

skin1235, Jan 5, 7:57am
tryturning the keybut not starting the engine - in a manual don't push the clutch in, in an auto put the shifter in reverse before turning the key ( both methods require the hazard lights to be on)

skin1235, Jan 5, 7:59am
the idea is you do not start the engine, but you do hold the key in the start position for 10 - 20 seconds ( yep you get cramp in your hand after about 8 seconds lol)

mycatsanegg, Jan 5, 8:07am
thanks skin but I did what you suggested and still no luck. they speedo dial did light up but still nothing else.I do appreciate your help.

john1623, Jan 5, 8:13am
A trick I learned years ago RTFM translated Read the F! Manual.

evotime, Jan 5, 8:16am
As a couple of people said it is probably in blackout mode, the catch is if it is an ex police vehicle it will have two ways of separately activating black out, as stated above with the dimmer switch ( factory)already and also the switch on the roof Behind the sunglasses holder( the police model). the longest switch in the middle. Both work independently from memory.

mycatsanegg, Jan 5, 8:40am
evotime.you rock.thank you soooooooo much! I have an ex police car and went and pushed the long switch you mention and blam blam.all lights working! You"re a legend.

mycatsanegg, Jan 5, 8:42am
hahaha can't read that sort of info in the manual.once again evotime.thanks

evotime, Jan 5, 9:48am
Glad to help

beno, Jan 5, 11:25am
is this a wind up!