Car is sick -advice

Page 1 / 2
franc123, Dec 31, 7:44pm
What was the outcome of what I told you to check!

happygabi, Dec 31, 7:57pm
Hose checked, no cracks.

intrade, Dec 31, 8:00pm
is that nz new or a import! look on rego sticker if the 2 dates match each other then its nz new if the one date is older then its importand the other date is when it came in to the country and gotregod

jmma, Jan 1, 5:51am
Your answer is #27(o:
and not just an oil change either!

happygabi, Jan 4, 6:29am
Ok, so a friend's hubby is a mechanic and he came to have a look, says it's not mechanical but is the idle control and I need the computer scan on it. So next question is around how much is this going to cost me!

design4fun4u, Jan 4, 9:58am
Hopefully your friends hubby can fix it cheaply if he is a nice helpful person

poppajn, Jan 4, 10:31am
Having a similar problem with 1995 Primera 2.0l. engine light stays on. Start's, run's briefly, put in Drive, cut's out, leave it awhile , start's, doesthe same think. I suspect fuel filter, other backyard experts say Fuel Pump. Any idea's here, TIA

fordcrzy, Jan 4, 11:00am
sounds likespark plugs/leads to me.when were they last replaced.hell id throw some new ones in just because they are so cheap

franc123, Jan 4, 11:15am
Its scan time, ditching the backyard experts and finding out why the CEL is staying on is the first step.P10's don't have great fuel pump in them anyway but I'd be surprised if that's what the issue was.Sticking idle control valves are a known problem, if its far worse when cold and barely noticeable warm it would pay to check it.Its a pig to get to the valve, even on a hoist.

hamhonda, Jan 5, 5:34am
Haven't read all the thread for all symptoms but the Daewoo Matiz is very prone for the distributors playing up.We bought one off a lady that was doing very similar things for her (but hers was manual) and no garage/sparky could diagnose it so she gave up on it.After talking to another dismantler that had wrecked a few of them he sent me a dissy to try and it fixed the problem straight away. My wife drove it for 18months after that without missing a beat.

happygabi, Jan 1, 12:43am
Hi, my wee automatic car has started bunny hopping when I accelerate. Have heard hubby check it out and there is nothing obvious out of place, any ideas and/or cheapest Io option for getting it fixed. Thanks

msigg, Jan 1, 1:31am
mobile mechanic. check out the trademe services.

clatty, Jan 1, 1:39am
might be just peddle throttle switch need replace

intrade, Jan 1, 1:45am
what automatic!
make modelyear codes engine transmission!
www.carjam.co.nz

does it have a transmission fluid dipstick!

intrade, Jan 1, 1:52am
i valueyour advise . what do you base this information on exactly!
because i cantsee how i couldremotly come to a conclusion like this with the given information. Would be good to know howyou came to the switch!
you could beright who, knows its not bad information i just cant come to this conclusion with the little vague information at hand.

intrade, Jan 1, 2:09am
i think you mean the idle switch number 1
but i dont like jumping to a conclusion swaptron moronsdo things likeconclude things out of thin air
http://hrsbstaff.ednet.ns.ca/bvogel/K100/download/efi-web%20page/butterfly%20switch.jpg

ifits a drive bywirewee automaticcar then there is no such thing as a idle switch on it to begin with, its why i want to know what exactlywe deal with first.

snoopy221, Jan 1, 2:09am
mmm time of the year peeps can be in silly season mode and grab the wrong fuel pump-cheapest-might be check who fueled it last and check the fuel receipt-or double check date time and pump with the gas station.lol

you could be right who, knows its not bad information i just cant come to this conclusion with the little vague information at hand.

intrade (411 411 positive feedback) 2:52 pm, Thu 31 Dec #5
LOL.ME LAST YEAR OF SWAPATRON DEDUCED.
(That and winding the chain back)

intrade, Jan 1, 2:16am
i dontthink winding the chain back can be done nowthat takes 2.5 days dont it !

elect70, Jan 1, 2:31am
Rubberbandhas come unwound.Open hood &wind it up again .

clatty, Jan 1, 2:38am
If it is late model contact dealerservicing that brand . Expect to pay.

gazzat22, Jan 1, 4:09am
Fuel/spark or maybe its got Kangaroo juice in it!

intrade, Jan 1, 4:53am
i hopthe original poster gets back to this thread !

happygabi, Jan 1, 5:23am
Hi, thanks foradvice thus far. It's a daewoo matiz 2004. Checked all fluids and hoses. Stalls when reversing too, if take foot off accelerator and press gently the jumping stops. Doubt its wrong gas as filled up and drove 1 1/2 hours to city, around city and back home with no problem, I'm guessing this means itis a transmission problem.

intrade, Jan 1, 7:18am
no not nessearely a trans problem. you need to have somone whom is no moron look at it and that is going to be hard to find.
i dont even know what the daewoo factory scantool is .
you could get a generic scantool and hook it up and see what it tells about it as 2004 is obd2 emission and hopping affects emmision i would say .
Do you have a check engine light on on the instrumentwhen it hops! or at any time when engine is running!

intrade, Jan 1, 7:22am
ring aecs.net and ask whom they have on there list in the south islandnearyou whom went to there training and serviceyour car make.
Because people who do there training will have a clue of what they are doing.
skeleton staff is on aecs i think over hollidays