2cheap cars.rough vehicles?

Page 1 / 3
ambo11, Jul 25, 8:45pm
Wife is set on a Toyota Ist, 2cheap cars are the cheapest but have heard they sell cars which have been damaged and have cosmetic flaws. anyone know about this or is it rumors only? They are cheaper than other car yards by a big margin in some cases. cheers

gabbysnana, Jul 25, 8:46pm
That be true.

monaro17, Jul 25, 8:57pm
Yes you got it in one. Don't touch them with a 10 foot pole

kazbanz, Jul 25, 8:59pm
Ive seen the grade of car routinely purchaced by them damaged,rusty,mechanical flaws. They have a structural engineer on staff. .
Have a look at MVDT decision and concider there are around 30 pending cases. Some will be settled before dt happens.
But also the money isn't from NZ and they have cut every step of the process to the cheapest possible option by promiseing bulk use.
So you pays ya money and takes ya chances.

franc123, Jul 25, 10:55pm
Normal due diligence applies, it would be up to you and your PP inspector to decide what is good buying or not, as always.

kazbanz, Jul 26, 12:33am
Franc--NORMALLY I would agree with you 100% on this subject. But in this case Im not so confident.
You need to go BEYOND "normal" due diligence and specifically ask to see the auction sheet from Japan and the compliance inspection sheet.

ozz1, Jul 26, 2:51am
what you read Is what you get. stay away. but if you must want to buy . please get your OWN pre purchase inspection done. and not by AA. DO IT BY SOME ONE you TRUST.

bwg11, Jul 26, 7:09am
I guess, as they claim all their cars are "AA Appraised," an AA Pre-Purchase Inspection would be rather pointless.

haventrader, Jul 26, 7:15am
There's a reason they're "too cheap".

henreitta, Jul 26, 7:25am
I almost got a car from there, but didnt feel quite right about the place
Asked for suggestions / advice on here,especially from one good person
Glad I didnt buy from that place

tamarillo, Jul 26, 7:45am
No it isn't. AA appraised is a very basic check, the pre-purchase inspection is far more detailed and extra.

monsieurl, Jul 26, 7:46am
No more risk than buying from any other dealer whatsoever! Get a decent PPI and breathe easy that the CGI now saves our asses better than ever before.

stevo2, Jul 26, 7:55am
As long as they stay in business.

kdcentralni, Jul 26, 7:56am
Vast majority of us would rather avoid that coarse of action and buy right to start with.

bwg11, Jul 26, 7:58am
Are you saying the "AA Appraisal" will miss major faults and therefore useless.

pauloc, Jul 26, 8:11am
ask yourself why the AA checks are all done in one place and not around the country.

ambo11, Jul 26, 8:53am
Thanks for all replies, have bought privately. Cheers

kazbanz, Jul 26, 9:00am
Im sorry --I genuinely don't know if you are leg pulling or serious.
AA Appraisals are advertising. No more and no less.They are not and never will be a full mechanical inspection of a vehicle.

bwg11, Jul 26, 9:03am
Sorry, you don't know me well enough, I was leg pulling. Cheers.

kazbanz, Jul 26, 9:08am
Sok--I thought you was pee taking but ya never know

xs1100, Jul 26, 10:04am
no but a AA Appraisal is NOT A FULL INSPECTION more a the oil level is correct the windscreen washer fluid is at the right level and the tyres have been silconed. report

specialk11, Jul 26, 11:56am
we were in the market for a new car earlier this year. we checked out 2cheap cars and were not impressed.

_peas, Jul 27, 12:16am
I am. Missed bent chassis in my first car I ever bought at 16! Then claimed that my second car had a major oil leak that would be a $700 fix when I was selling it. Couldn't tell me where (I didn't book the inspection) I wouldn't trust an AA inspection sheet as toilet paper. I used these guys http://www.carinspections.co.nz and was very happy with the thorough nature that they went over the car and engine/driveline. GVI Penrose is another crowd that I would avoid. Anyone who WOF's their own vehicles I would look sideways at.

jason_247, Jul 27, 9:22am
I looked at some outbacks at 2cheapcars hamilton.
They lied through their teeth.
told me the 2.5l is more powerful and better than the 3.0l
told me the snow tyres are great on nz roads as they do well in all seasons.

etc etc

when i started asking a few to many questions he started giving me really vague answers and telling me he would call me if he had something suitable. just wanted me gone.

spent an extra 2k in the end and got a much better car from someone i feel i can trust

piperguy, Jul 27, 9:34am
I test drove a car there, brakes were grabbing which the guy denied. Then when I queried the reliability of early 2000s Honda CVT he told me he's been in this business for 25 years and those gearboxes are perfect, nothing goes wrong with them. At that point I knew not to buy from them. I really hope they go bust, the average person would get sucked in by them I think.