Radiator pipe pressure problem

casper35, Oct 1, 7:52am
i have a holden commodore and a bmw 318I

we have taken out the thermostats because we don't need them, but before doing that and even now the pipes for the radiator have that much pressure in them they are hard to squeeze and are over heating, what is the course and how do i fix it?

muzz67, Oct 1, 7:56am
Put the thermostats back in.
The water is going through the radiator too fast to cool enough.

casper35, Oct 1, 7:57am
but even when they were in there was still enormous pressure in the pipes

muzz67, Oct 1, 8:01am
using pressure is a way to increase the boiling point of the coolant. Thats why its called a pressure cap. its probably normal.

franc123, Oct 1, 8:01am
You NEVER EVER remove a thermostat from an engine, they are there for a reason and that's to precisely control the warmup and eventual operating temperature of the engine. If a new thermostat doesn't solve whatever your problem was then there are other issues with the engine or cooling system.

pettal, Oct 1, 8:02am
is it both inlet and outlet pipes or just inlet ?.

casper35, Oct 1, 8:06am
both pipes

mrcat1, Oct 1, 8:12am
Have they got the correct caps fitted to the radiators or header tanks?

tweake, Oct 1, 8:16am
with a lot of engines when the thermostat opens it also closes the bypass.
so with no thermostat a good part of the water simply bypasses the radiator and doesn't get cooled, which makes your engine over heat.

m16d, Oct 1, 8:29am
yer. chuck them thermostats away. car manufactures just didn't have a clue when they put them in there.

mr2stiff, Oct 1, 8:39am
Hahaha, reminds me of my Dad. "Ford spent tens of thousands on the research and design of the aerodynamics of that car and you want to muck it all up with a $50 piece of fiberglass."

treachug, Oct 1, 9:09am
What model/year/engine Commodore?

gsimpson, Oct 2, 2:57am
Check thermostats and put back in. Get radiators checked for flow at a radiator place. Use an anti freeze or at least a corrosion inhibitor to stop this happening again.

johotech, Oct 2, 3:06am
Some people really shouldn't be allowed to open their bonnet. The dealer should be able to lock the bonnet, and not give the owner a key.

thunderbolt, Oct 2, 3:15am
Could you possibly post up the rego numbers, so no one here accidentally buys one of the vehicles that you have damaged through your ignorance?
Thanks

casper35, Oct 2, 6:36am
they're not reg anyways so it doesnt matter, they are paddock racing cars there for it doesnt matter about anything, all i asked was a simple question and some people are giving stupid answer

snoopy221, Oct 2, 6:42am
well after removing an important thermostatic device and thermal shocking and blowing cylnder head gaskets and cracking cylnder heads and allowing compression pressure to enter the water cooling system just rebuild the engine

they're not reg anyways so it doesnt matter, they are paddock racing cars there for it doesnt matter about anything, all i asked was a simple question and some people are giving stupid answer

casper35 (347 347 positive feedback) 7:36 pm, Thu 1 Oct #16

well after removing an important thermostatic device and thermal shocking and blowing cylnder head gaskets and cracking cylnder heads and allowing compression pressure to enter the water cooling system just rebuild the engine

intrade, Oct 2, 6:46am
no the answers you got are actuarly legit.
if a hose goes hard its either normal or you have a blowen head gasket or cracked head or cracked block. your comments are wrong and you got quite prefessional answers as to why you where wrong from a lot of posters on here, i am actuarly glad we start moveing in the right direction of posting true facts and reasons on this forum.

mrfxit, Apr 4, 1:25am
>>Like<< ;-)