Mitsubishi magna vibration

tiny15, Mar 2, 8:38am
2002 magna tj, vibrating randomly at 100km/h. thought it was a wheel balance problem so i had 2 new front tyres fitted (had all 4 wheels balanced). the rear 2 rims had minor dents but balanced out ok. The vibration is still there but not as bad now, the vibration isn't really been felt in the steering wheel but more of a whole body shake.What should i look at next?
the car has done 215 000 km

franc123, Mar 2, 8:41am
Checking the inner CV joints for excessive movement is where I'd start with that one.

gmphil, Mar 2, 9:23am
body shake mmm could be bushes in suspension ?

mechnificent, Mar 2, 6:55pm
Inner cvs.

lusty9, Mar 3, 2:09am
it'll be your transmission needs servicing, when it vibrates if you take your foot off the gas does it stop? Then speed up to 100 it'll vibrate again, its called transmission shudder, if that's what I think it is.

tiny15, Mar 3, 11:37am
I'll check out the CV's this weekend. . it does shudder more going up hill & backing off the accelerater stops it.

ema1, Mar 3, 11:28pm
I'd be checking all the suggestions above plus the engine/transmission mountings as well.
A thorough check of the suspension would be a wise move as well.

bigfatmat1, Mar 3, 11:57pm
I had a mitsi with bad vibration. Turned out was the balance shaft belt had snapped

ema1, Mar 4, 2:07am
New that is a good thought, I recall having a Sigma came in and owner was complaining of a droning bad vibration and that is what happened to it too.
Actually it had been like that for some time before it had the complaint diagnosed and the engine was not in good shape at all?
I recall the whole engine being replaced with a low km one in that car.

tiny15, May 18, 8:59am
I've just found a 50 gram wheel balance weight stuck to the garage floor. think i'll be getting the wheels balanced again to start with