Best first cars when on a budget

Page 2 / 2
crazydogtails, Jun 10, 10:25am
Under 3000, depends on how much he saves up. So nothing pricy :)

dlmckay, Jun 10, 10:30am
I got run over by one of those. broke it apparently! Ooops The perils of being young, stupid and crossing roads without looking!

tamarillo, Jun 10, 10:32am
Ok! Fair enough re most being manuals, must just be coincidence I keep seeing autos. I didn't claim mr2 handled better so jump off the horse here! Mx5 damn good car. Ok?

tamarillo, Jun 10, 10:32am
I am corrected.

tamarillo, Jun 10, 10:33am
You counted them!

fordcrzy, Jun 10, 10:34am
haha. i like mr2's, nearly bought a supercharged one. its just that they havent aged as well as the mx's.

bwg11, Jun 11, 1:44am
Disagree. Early MR2's handle well when driven with finesse. They can exhibit snap oversteer and bite back viciously, in the same way as early 911's. Not a sports car for a learner, whereas the MX-5 is.

tamarillo, Jun 11, 3:03am
Agreed, though further back I did say that an mx5 or such would be a second or third car for a teen. I never owned but thrashed a few second gen mr2's and loved the handling, but yes the arse did swing out, but it was controllable and fun.
After 2 years driving I got an mg midget and learnt so much about car control, and fitting 6'2 body into small car.

fordcrzy, Jun 29, 7:21pm
puntos are good little cars. your insurance company woud approve too. just be prepared to shop around for a mechanic that knows fiats and where to get the cheap parts. if you really want to save money buy parts on that other auction site from europe. get the cambelt and water pump done.