Leather seats for Navara ST-X

thetruedrbob, Sep 14, 11:22pm
I'd like to replace my cloth trim seats in my 2013 Navara with leather ones. Does anyone know if they ever come up for sale by wreckers?

monaro17, Sep 14, 11:41pm
there aren't many leather navara's in NZ to my knowledge. I think a few R spec ones had sports leather but I doubt very much you would have luck at a wreckers.

you would have more luck (and a better end product) if you had the seats re-upholstered at a pace such as this
http://www.auto-interior.co.nz/our-service/leather-interior.html or http://www.supertrim.co.nz/our-services/car-upholstery.aspx

gman35, Sep 14, 11:45pm
Monaro prob. has the right idea anyway.
I am always suspicious of the type of "leather" you may get even in a sub-60kish new vehicle.
The fact that the likes of Chery and Great Wall etc. often use it is even more of a question.

thetruedrbob, Sep 15, 1:05am
Thanks monaro17, and yes gman35 I too am a touch suspicious of Chinese leather.

brapbrap8, Sep 15, 3:46am
Yeah I went in a new Colorado Z71 recently and the "Leather" seats were horrible, felt like vinyl to me.
You don't get decent leather until you get to roughly $80k I would say, below that I would rather have fabric seats or get them retrimmed properly.

mrcat1, Sep 15, 7:15am
You may be able to bring the leather seat covers in from Aussie, a lot of STX's over there have leather, our 550's here which is supposed to be top of the line is third from the top over there, the other 2 come with leather seats.

timbo69, Sep 16, 9:39am
I got aftermarket heated leather for 3.5k, I like it. obviously.

survivalkiwi, Sep 16, 9:46am
I bought a Navara st-x np300, It has heated leather seats. (I love the heating).
I asked them what sort of leather it was? The just looked at me and shrugged their shoulders. I assume it is genuine imitation leather,

mrcat1, Sep 16, 9:47am
My new digger has a heated AND cooled air ride seat.

thetruedrbob, Sep 17, 8:59pm

budgel, Jun 14, 10:30am
I'm thinking shipping will be expensive, lets know how much you are quoted.