Navara fault

diesel400, Dec 28, 8:04am
2014 Stx, not changing up gears and no power at all when trying to go up a hill. Revs up but no power at all. Getting fault code p0546, exhaust gas temp sensor, circuit high bank 1, sensor 1. Is this an easy fix?

m16d, Dec 28, 8:44am
2014. take it to the dealer. still under warranty.

diesel400, Dec 28, 9:12am
They are all closed and we are a long way from home

intrade, Dec 28, 9:20am
petrol ?

intrade, Dec 28, 9:22am
also what tool are you reading out that code?

a.woodrow, Dec 28, 9:26am
More than likely will need the EGT sensor replaced. Might have to wait until a dealer opens though. No easy fix, just replacement.

Where abouts are you currently located OP?

intrade, Dec 28, 9:33am
lets assume this code was correct. the first thing i think reading
circuit high. its unplugged or a wire is cut. the sensot its self also has internal wiring so if the internal wire is cut open, then a new part would fix the problem.
a unplugged sensor or not correctly seated plug would also pontentaially set this code . assuming the code is actuarly correct.
loads of codes are read wrong with global obd 2 one-hung-low tools
p0707 is a famous wrong code on nissan where the guy replaced his gearbox cause of the code whn infact the injector diesel pump plunger was seezed up as the real probem not the code that was set at all.

intrade, Dec 28, 9:35am
with global obd2 look at freeze frame data and post that here.

mrcat1, Dec 28, 9:40am
They should be open on Tuesday and they will look after you with another vehicle or accommodation, read your warranty booklet, it explains it in there.
Don't let anyone else touch it or try anything yourself, you will void the warranty.

diesel400, Dec 28, 10:24am
Currently in Picton crossing to Wellington tomorrow. Both Wellington dealers are closed so we are winging it. Nissan road side assist called aa who plugged in his computer and gave those codes. It sits ok at 100km but when powering up a hill it goes into limp mode and can barely get 50km up hill on open road. Will just have to wing it until I can get to a dealer but by then we will be up in tauranga

franc123, Dec 28, 11:09am
Its about all you can do, EGT sensors are a known problem with late D40's.

mrcat1, Apr 22, 10:15am
Bay Nissan are open on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, go in and see John in Nissan service and I'm sure they will sort you out, I went to Hamilton to pick up a machine bucket recently and my engine check light came on over there, went into the Jim Wright Nissan and it was the EGR valve had gone, once they sorted what was wrong the service manager gave me his own ute to tow the trailer with the bucket on back to Tauranga and I went back over later in the week and picked up my ute again.
I could not fault their service and they looked after me well, as I explained I had to get the bucket back to go on a transporter with a machine I had sold that was going to Wanganui the very next morning.