Could be a problem for ford

casper35, Dec 4, 5:58pm

xs1100, Dec 4, 6:21pm
hahahaha

xs1100, Dec 4, 6:23pm
dammit it could affect ranger also

meoldchina, Dec 4, 6:47pm
I've got no chance of getting my MVDT grievance sorted by Ford now that they've got this problem to fix!

mimik3, Dec 4, 9:59pm
Not the first time it has happened and will not be the last for any manufacturer.

fordcrzy, Dec 5, 9:55am
so he kept driving it for days despite the electrical warnings on the dash etc. dumbo. could be as simple as a bad cell in the battery.

franc123, Dec 5, 10:25am
Remember there are representatives of Aussie motoring media involved here, she'll be right maaaate. He might have even been one of the former TopGear Australia presenters lol. Its obvious that a major short circuit has occurred, a battery cable has come adrift or chafed on something, or yes a freak event with the battery itself. Sadly when you are trying to launch what is a brand new and clearly important model line into a country this is about the worst publicity possible.

mike1345, Dec 5, 5:48pm
Ford's in the Ferrari club now.

ntalke, Dec 5, 7:41pm

fordcrzy, Dec 6, 2:02am
wasnt there issues with batteries early on in this rangers production and while ford didnt issue a recall, they replaced batteries on a case by case basis if the customer complained? i reckon its a bad battery issue again. battery cell shorting and causing the alternator to overheat etc

cagivachick1, Jul 24, 2:31am
i think it was a battery going flat overnight issue