Holden Cruze

robyn49, Sep 29, 4:23am
We need a new car, something reliable,not too big and not too expensive and I like the Holden Cruze sedans but hubby and other family members say say we should look toward Japanese vehicles ,Toyota etc. Opinions please

toyboy3, Sep 29, 4:27am
I agree with the other family members

intrade, Sep 29, 4:39am
Anything new is going to be unreliable not if but when
What you should do is buy the most basic car because the less electronic crap there is the less can fail logically we got a dacia
sandero because of this in 2010 it don't even has a chip in ignition key to go faulty newer ones are more full of crap like the English rhd models stability control all this crap just waits to cause expensive malfunctions and morons who change computers when a rat chewd a wire apart instead but hey there fancy scanner crap is not programmed to detect corrosion or rodend damage so lets just swap out all and everything instead customers pay for it attitudes.

3tomany, Sep 29, 5:18am
I agree with this poster

m16d, Sep 29, 5:20am
I travel to OZ occasionally and get rental cars. the worst thing I've ever had was a Holden Cruise in Brisbane.
If your looking at new cars,give the Hyundai a thought. excellent cars to drive and excellent build quality.

petal_91, Sep 29, 5:37am
The model is 7 years old and due for replacement, and they aren't great vehicles for build quality for reliability. Have a workmate with a newish one who has had his in to the dealership a few times with finicky electrical problems. However, with the special Holden is doing on them at the moment for $24,990 + ORC, they're a great deal and worth a punt I reckon.
http://www.holden.co.nz/latestoffers/listing#?campaign=holdens-small-black-range

monaro17, Sep 29, 6:43am
yes- steer clear of the Cruze. you can get a new or very low km Mazda 3 for not too much more.

3tomany, Sep 29, 6:51am
or if budget is important go get a mitsi lancer

brapbrap8, Sep 29, 7:36am
Yes look at Mitsi Lancer, cheaper and better than a Cruze.

tamarillo, Sep 29, 7:43am
Cruze is a good car, but it's competition is simp,y better. Look for various comparitive tests done in Aussie Wheels magazine, they don't rubbish it, but it never gets best of. Worth trip to library.
Cruze is General Motors cheap small car, Holden will bring in the European Astra soon which is far better.
Mazda 3, Ford Focus, VW golf (1.4 petrol), are far better cars with VW being most economical, though The new focus is now out with new 1.5 eco boost engine which will rival it easily.
Toyota Corolla is still a top seller but can't rival the new smaller capacity charged engines for economy or power.
Mitsubishi Lancer is cheap but an ancient design and not in the running with these cars.

robyn49, Sep 29, 7:59am
Thanks everyone. Looks like family knows best again.!

dave653, Oct 1, 10:31pm
Mrs was keen on a new one. I said to hire one next time she had to go away. over 400 km. She liked it in town on the test drive, flat out hated it on a proper road trip! 1.4 turbo auto.

mopsy3, Oct 2, 1:21am
You don't think they are doing a deal on their Korean cars to get rid of them do you?

marmar1, Oct 2, 3:03am
All Holden's will made in Korea soon, lmao.

mals69, Oct 2, 3:18am
Cruze biggest heap of junk - shocking build quality- went car shopping with mrs outlaw - ended up getting a Nissan pulsar - 6 grand extra spent was worth it ! Full leather etc heaps more grunt

tamarillo, Oct 2, 5:43am
Then you are hugely misinformed.

twink19, Oct 4, 7:02pm
my wife must be lucky, she bought a new Diesel Cruze, done 90k most reliable car ever, way better than the petrol models.

pestri, Mar 26, 5:14pm
We bought a new Cruze hatch 3 years ago, basic 1800 cc sold it recently to buy a much bigger unit as we needed more space.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the car: it handled very well on the open road, best car i've had in that regard, was reliable, with sufficient grunt for the normal motorist, the electronics were fine, some good features noted such as auto lights.

If I have any criticism of it it would be restricted rear visibility and lack of braking capacity in cruise control. and that's it.